• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Board Games

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
I've been playing a few recently (mostly Ticket to Ride), and finding them really enjoyable. What are your favourites?

HeathDavisSpeed

A friend of mine is massively into board games, he's got shelves of them. Not necessarily my sort of thing, but most times I head over to his place he pulls out a game or two. We played Sheriff of Nottingham a couple of weeks ago, which was pretty good. Involves a dose of lying and negotiation.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I like watching the Board James series by Cinemassacre.

Oh, and Risk is great. More often play Cluedo and Monopoly though, mainly with family at Christmas time. Always deploy negative tactics; the general rule is that so long as my sister doesn't win, I will be happy.

G.I.Joe

I like watching the Board James series by Cinemassacre.

Oh, and Risk is great. More often play Cluedo and Monopoly though, mainly with family at Christmas time. Always deploy negative tactics; the general rule is that so long as my sister doesn't win, I will be happy.
www.warlight.net

We need to get a group going.

StephenZA

Settlers of Catan for me. (or Catan as it now known). Also loved the Game of Thrones Board game... even if there was some big problems.[SUB][/SUB]

Dan

Global Moderator
Risk is fantastic.

Showed up late to a board games night tonight actually, they were playing Pokemon Master Trainer. Looked fantastic.

Ausage

Played Pandemic with a few friends a couple of weeks ago. Was great fun. One of my friends is really into the long form campaign version and he said it's fantastic.

We lost though and the earth was destroyed :(

Burner

I have a lot of good memories of playing Ludo with my family. Since the invention of the touch-screen, there's not been any Ludo.

Ausage

Played Game of Thrones the other night with 4 players. Ended up running into the Baratheon problem but still had a blast. The next play through should be substantially better now that my group is aware of it. They spent so much time squabbling amongst themselves while I (Baratheon) quietly accumulated power in the south. Read that swapping Greyjoy for Tyrell might allow for a more balanced game so we might try that.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
I introduced Castles of Mad King Ludwig to my family last night - it was very well received!