• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Battrick Cup, season nine

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
This match is so boring. If i lose it, i cant even blame my own team. My bats are doing the best they can to bat, and my bowlers will be doing the best they can to defend the total that my crap bats have set.

Really need 100 off the last 10.
It's the danger you run having such a middle-heavy side. I told you this earlier on and it's entirely your fault if you lose because of it.

Bobisback

This is better. 40th over goes for 11.

End of Over 40: 182-2, runrate=4.55
Maidens 10-0-42-0
Beaumont* 14 (15 balls)
Hocking 107 (100 balls)
Last Wicket: Gravey c. Porter b. Rock 36 (FOW: 161/2)

Lets hope these two go for it in the next 10. 250+ on the cards unless BT-Collapse mode kicks in.

Bobisback

It's the danger you run having such a middle-heavy side. I told you this earlier on and it's entirely your fault if you lose because of it.
But, would much prefer, with PFL in mind, to have Brinkhuys and Stonebridge down the order. 99% of the time, Allison and Gravey will make 10 or so between them and leave me with a decent score on the cards. But thats only against decent bowlers.

Bobisback

Stonebridge out for 3. Good player, that.
If only he could bowl.

EDIT:

Sicelo can hit boundaries?

49.1 4 Cort to Sicelo
Short, wide, four. You can't bowl there to Sicelo.

End of Over 49: 252-7, runrate=5.14
Scott 10-0-62-2
Sicelo* 5 (3 balls)
Beaumont 46 (38 balls)
Last Wicket: Crouse c. Porter b. Scott 0 (FOW: 243/7)
48.6 4 Scott to Beaumont
Full length ball swinging into the leg stump, Beaumont flicks it away through mid wicket, ball races away to the rope.
48.5 1 Scott to Sicelo
That was squeezed away for a single.
48.4 4 Scott to Sicelo
Shot! When Sicelo gets home tonight he will want to check out today's games highlights because that shot is sure to feature in them.

EDIT AGAIN:

49.2 4 Cort to Sicelo
Sicelo just planted his feet and smashed it to the boundary.

Yes, yes he can.

Last edited:

Bobisback

49.6 4 Cort to Beaumont
There was more loop on that delivery, but good use of the feet enabled Beaumont to meet it on the full and stroke through mid wicket for four.
And that's his fifty! Well played.

Beaumont ending it in style. Huge chase here, confidence at an all time high.

End of Over 50: 265-8, runrate=5.30
Cort 10-0-58-3
Kelly* 1 (1 balls)
Beaumont 50 (40 balls)
Last Wicket: Sicelo c. Porter b. Cort 13 (FOW: 260/8)

Did someone say Cort wouldnt go for more than 45?

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
265. Wrong on Cort, but I seem to recall someone proclaiming his team would make 300+. Anyway, who needs an allrounder when your worthless can hit 13.

Now we'll see how good those bowlers are at getting out superbs.

Bobisback

265. Wrong on Cort, but I seem to recall someone proclaiming his team would make 300+. Anyway, who needs an allrounder when your worthless can hit 13.

Now we'll see how good those bowlers are at getting out superbs.
1.2 W Sicelo to Maidens
A quick delivery and Maidens is left looking back at his stumps. He's gone!

Not even one of my 2 good bowlers.

Herbert the one i want though. In the 3 matches against me he has scored 161*, 126, 44* of 82 total. If i get him cheaply, I'll go to bed.

EDIT:

Damn, could have had him twice:

1.6 . Sicelo to Herbert
There's a sound as the ball clips the bat and goes through to Beaumont who goes up in tandem with the fielders. Unbelievable! The umpire hasn't given it, he needs to turn his hearing aid up if he couldn't hear that edge.
1.4 . Sicelo to Herbert
Edged. Beaumont is at full stretch there and couldn’t get to it, doesn’t go down as a missed chance in my book.

If only commentary meant anything.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
2.3 W Wikus to Virk
Virk sweeps powerfully but spoons a catch straight to the man at fine leg.

Hm. Time for Porter to prove he can bat.

Bobisback

5.5 W Sicelo to Herbert
A peach of a delivery! An inswinging yorker and Herbert is just standing there looking at his stumps.

I think that the final should be at my ground, this is way too late.

Bobisback

End of Over 9: 41-4, runrate=4.56, reqrunrate=5.49 (265-8)
Wikus 5-0-20-2
James* 7 (10 balls)
Crouch 0 (0 balls)
Last Wicket: Porter b. Wikus 12 (FOW: 41/4)
8.6 W Wikus to Porter
Bowled him! Porter failed to pick the wrong 'un.

Well, good news for you is, there is only one more over until my two strong bowlers come on.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Such a weird game. Stars not performing at all - while Crouch has no problems.

End of Over 23: 128-4, runrate=5.57, reqrunrate=5.11 (265-8)
Stonebridge 2-0-7-0
James* 55 (51 balls)
Crouch 38 (43 balls)

Suppose it's up to the finalists to decide where the final should be held. But failing agreement, it'll be at Asterix' ground.

Scaly piscine

Nearing the BT-collapse stage, a game losing collapse is a virtual certainty.

Needs to get within about 20 runs before it gets interesting.

Bobisback

Scaly too right, as usual. Would have been close but for Sicelo's sudden lucky spell.
Thats true, but it would have been different if Gravey and Allison didnt get lucky with the bat.

And im fairly sure if you were 0/198 coming into the final 10 you still would have lost. My two spinners rip through most lineups in the final 10.

So, only have to beat the WI Champions next week, so easy. Clearing a spot in the trophy cabinet already. f00lins, you better agree for it to be at my ground, want to watch to the end, and if it goes for 100 overs, which it should, it will go too far into the morning for me.