• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Eden Park Haterz - Where are those 400 plays 350 affairs on a postal stamp now?

Zinzan

Self explanatory.

The wicket has produced back to back low-scoring thrillers, all due to just a little bit of extra swing and bounce. Excited about the semi there already.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Do you guys think no team can last 50 overs at Eden Park? If a team lasts 50 overs on a small ground, it is very likely that they will make 350 or so with smaller boundaries and bats being more powerful every day. Last year, India and New Zealand tied for a 313 there and scores have been rapidly increasing in ODIs.

Pakistan got 222 against a South African attack which is quite pace oriented. And then they couldn't face the Pakistanis who are developing great rhythm. The Aussies and Kiwis faced great bowling and Australia batted a tad too aggressively.

Frankly, I don't know why people are going on about Eden Park so vehemently when the is a different view on this. Can't people have a different pov ffs.

Last edited:

Athlai

Not Terrible
Do you guys think no team can last 50 overs at Eden Park? If a team lasts 50 overs on a small ground, it is very likely that they will make 350 or so with smaller boundaries and bats being more powerful every day. Last year, India and New Zealand tied for a 313 there and scores have been rapidly increasing in ODIs.

Pakistan got 222 against a South African attack which is quite pace oriented. And then they couldn't face the Pakistanis who are developing great rhythm. The Aussies and Kiwis faced great bowling and Australia batted a tad too aggressively.

Frankly, I don't know why people are going on about Eden Park so vehemently when the is a different view on this. Can't people have a different pov ffs.
Uhh what? Survive the swing and there are absolutely no demons in Eden Park. That used to mean getting through the first 10-15 overs. Now it means getting through the first 20-30. You'll notice that the teams getting bowled out are in the first 30 overs.

If you are 3-4 down at that stage, a major nation should back themselves to get near 200 in the last 20.

Athlai

Not Terrible
There was more than a tiny bit of swing in that NZ/Aust match... no doubt.
Well thats half true, Southee's ball didn't swing much at all, Boult's did and Southee got it talk when he came on from Boult's end as well. Still swinging in the 33rd.

Adders

Yeah, I can't recall which wicket it was but hawkeye showed one of the Boult dismissals moved 40 cm's in the air...........to me that's ****ing hooping.

Edit: Actually now I think about it that one could have been Southee V's England.

Last edited:

Flem274*

123/5
it's a flat deck with a touch of swing.

**** batsmen tbh.
nah get out

eden park hoops with the white ball for some reason. kippax called that boult performance months ago.

the ground rewards good cricket by leaping from extreme to extreme. bat well and you're a chance for 300. bowl well and you'll roll the ****s.

fun quiz - everyone name the one ground that didn't have a mega 300 plays 300 chase in the 2007 chappell-hadlee

you;ve got no clue

Flem274*

123/5
yes two high scoring games you've named conclusively prove it's always 350 plays 400 or whatevr tripe you're spouting.

just stop pratters. just stop. even in the modern era teams get skittled there. the windies did it to us the other year, nz and aus did it tto each other and then last night happened. it's a balanced ground despite the boundaries.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Uhh what? Survive the swing and there are absolutely no demons in Eden Park. That used to mean getting through the first 10-15 overs. Now it means getting through the first 20-30. You'll notice that the teams getting bowled out are in the first 30 overs.

If you are 3-4 down at that stage, a major nation should back themselves to get near 200 in the last 20.
Cool. Let me understand this.. does Eden Park have substantially more swing than other Kiwi grounds? I have been given two points of view till now - a) New Zealand grounds will have high scoring ODIs when I said New Zealand tends to have more seam friendly pitches, b) Eden Park cannot have a 330-360 score. I don't know which is true. If Australia bat against say Sri Lanka, would you back Australia to get a 330 on the ground, if not 350..