• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

England World Cup Side Named (Football)

Anon2

I agree with Neil. Argentina are better than Italy!

I think Ecuador are going to be miles better than Senegal in the newcomers spot.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Senegal are a better side than Ecuador but have a harder group, I think.

Ecuador are one of my outsiders to reach the next round, along with Korea, Japan and Slovenia.

And there are other newcomers, too... Slovenia, Costa Rica and China. Slovenia are the best of them IMO.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Costa Rica aren't a newcomer, remember Italia 90, the Scot's certainly do.

I may actually be tempted by a flutter on Senegal in the first game.

trueblueyork

ha argentina better than italy?i dont think so.argentina's strength is its flair oriented soccer,but italy's defense is ultra strong and i do think that that neutralizes the attacking nature of argentina.on the other end,italy have a very good attack as well but argentina's defense isnt as good so i fell italy will get the better of argentina....

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Turkey could have a good run due to the ludicrously lopsided groups.

I just took odds of 15-8 on an American continent side winning - considering the conditions, and the ability of Argentina and Brazil's easy route - I don't think it's a bad bet!

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
That's why you're called Reuben then right?

Here's an outside bet.. Japan to beat Brazil in the Second Round.

We'll see come the final. I say Argentina, you say Italy, we'll see...

Let's hope Argentina don't even make it...

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Nah thats because im christian i got the name Reuben my last name : Verghese is portugese so im supporting brazil and portugal

My history teacher told that Hes betting on Slovania to knock Cameroon out after the round robins are playd i doubt that , cameroon are good, what do u think ?

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Well.. I don't think we'll get a Slovenia v Cameroon second round tie as Slovenia will never win their group with Spain in it, and I can't see Cameroon playing consistently enough to win theirs. If they did play each other, however, I would back Slovenia to win it.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I wouldn't back Slovenia due to the conditions - I'd love to see Germany knocked out though, and it could happen!

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
hohoho the biggest upset yesterday senegal beat france

3 times it hit the posts in the game 2 times for france once for senegal

funny game , but i supported senegal for the game before it started

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
I'm watching all I can... and for the Antipodeans amongst us they don't have to get up early as Korea and Japan are far closer to their Time Zones!

COME ON ENGLAND!