• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Favourite radio stations

Jungle Jumbo

TalkSport must be the only sports station in the world that doesn't have any proper discussion about sport on it.

Fusion

Global Moderator
TalkSport must be the only sports station in the world that doesn't have any proper discussion about sport on it.
That doesn't have to be necessarily a bad idea, if done right. The local sports station in Dallas, The Ticket, has become one of the most successfull in the nation because they specialize in "guy talk". Sports topics are covered throughly, but in between are loads of discussion about girls, tv/movies, beer, bbq, traffic or whatever else is on the host's mind. Even politics is covered during election season. Makes for more interesting listening IMO. There's only so many hours I can devote to "who's the better running back in the NFL" type of segments.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Radio Five in the UK.. I never listen to anything else, because of the total lack of decent music stations, somewhat surprisingly, and because Five is so good... And TMS of course on Radio 4 when the crickets on...

In South Africa, 5FM for when I'm outside Jo'Burg and Highveld Stereo for when I'm not :)

Matteh

Talksport comes on my radio alarm, because i absolutely hate the super right-wing wanker that's on whenever i wake up.
It used to be on 5 Live but i've not idea why or who changed it.

Heart FM gets the most playing when i'm in a car, and Triple J when i'm in a Uni Library and need some music to listen to.

PhoenixFire

Amazing how much you can learn about the world just by listening to Five Live.. Glad I'm not the only one, apparently its the most popular radio station in the UK.. Can't believe it's more popular than Radio Chav (one)
I can pretty much put down my pretty good range of words and vocab down to listening to 5Live and it has done so much good for me as far as understanding current affairs and politics and the like.