• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FLEMING's last 4 inngs against SRL

Raghav

Yeah and do a pup? :laugh:

Fleming should really bat out of the crease and play straight against Vaas. Simple stuff really.
Fleming always plays straight but the ball doesnt come straight from the hands of Vaas. IT SWINGS and that doesnt help Fleming's cause:laugh:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Fleming always plays straight but the ball doesnt come straight from the hands of Vaas. IT SWINGS and that doesnt help Fleming's cause:laugh:
:laugh: I guess your right, I just meant play straight and hit the ball in the V, hitting the ball is the hardest part though..

Will Scarlet

Yes, Fleming needs to rediscover the straight and off-drives - rather than trying to play every straight delivery through mid wicket. He just sets himself up for LBW and caught behind by not playing straight.

Raghav

Just hoping Fleming survives against the new ball Vaas as he survived in the warm-up game

Natman20

Vettori wouldn't be bad at the top of the order. I remember him scoring those two centuries in a row opening at domestic level. They put Kyle Mills up the order once but it failed and we were left in some trouble. It wasn't tried again. Franklin is a decent batter pity he can't cant even bowl for crap in ODIs.

Perm

Openers open the batting, not bowlers.

Hope Fleming gets a good score tonight against Vaas. Will go along way towards helping the Black Caps winning.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Openers open the batting, not bowlers.

Hope Fleming gets a good score tonight against Vaas. Will go along way towards helping the Black Caps winning.
Although, the number of openers currently in the New Zealand squad amounts to something resembling 0.

Personally I think Vettori would get owned by Vaas or Malinga if he opened, but Franklin wouldn't be the worst idea, if he must play.

Last edited:

Perm

Although, the number of openers currently in the New Zealand squad amounts of something resembling 0.

Personally I think Vettori would get owned by Vaas or Malinga if he opened, but Franklin wouldn't be the worst idea, if he must play.
True, but middle order batsman have done a competent job opening the batting in the past. Bowlers on the other hand, have not.

KiWiNiNjA

True, but middle order batsman have done a competent job opening the batting in the past. Bowlers on the other hand, have not.
Nathan Astle used to bat at like 7 or 8 when he came into the NZ squad :ph34r:

They gotta come up sometime, and since Franklin is not much of a bowler.....

Fiery

Banned
Nathan Astle used to bat at like 7 or 8 when he came into the NZ squad :ph34r:

They gotta come up sometime, and since Franklin is not much of a bowler.....
I don't know if he would be much of an opener but you never know. He has a good technique

meatspx

The time for springing a few surprises has past, NZ should have promoted Franklin in the Australia mauling if they were seriously thinking about it.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Cripes, seven. Would never, ever have thought...

Anyway, though, that's early enough in his career for him to have been a career-time opener IMO.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
The time for springing a few surprises has past, NZ should have promoted Franklin in the Australia mauling if they were seriously thinking about it.
They did, actually - just not all the way up to opening. They seem to be thinking about better ways to utilise Franklin's batting though, given his promotion in that game.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I'm starting to worry about Rob's rather common impersonations of myself, TBH... :mellow:

If I didn't know him better I'd be starting to think a bit of hero-worship was creeping-in.

(YOU KNOW, DON'T YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)