• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group F - Italy, Paraguay, New Zealand, Slovakia

Scaly piscine

Yes Italy are getting beaten at their own game really. Pretty funny. Dunno what the captain was doing not bothering to jump for the goal - if he tries to head the ball that's most of the time enough to stop the header going on target.

KiWiNiNjA

The day has finally arrived.
Can't wait for tonight.

Where are my fellow Wellingtonians watching the match?
I might head into Four Kings.

Burgey

Going to be cheering massively for NZ tonight. Really hoping they do well. Think they'll acquit themselves well tbh, if nerves don't get to them.

Son Of Coco

Ridiculously un-Italian this.
You must've posted this before De Rossi's totally untouched dive earned him a yellow!? In those sort of instances where it's so blatant it should be a red for being a ****ing idiot in my opinion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iufnlu5842w

And will be cheering for NZ tonight too, hope they start the World Cup off with a win.

EDIT: Or did it earn him a yellow? Said so on the news this morning, but not on the official World Cup website...

Last edited:

Somerset

As per the other New Zealanders' comments, highly anticipating tonight's match. Vicelich starting alongside Elliot in central midfield, interesting call IMO as I thought Christie might've got the start. The remainder of the XI essential picks itself. On another note, paying $8.00 for the win at the TAB, and $4.10 for a draw - even though I know we're going to have a right battle on our hands that draw option looks attractive enough for a punt.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
You must've posted this before De Rossi's totally untouched dive earned him a yellow!? In those sort of instances where it's so blatant it should be a red for being a ****ing idiot in my opinion.

YouTube - Hilarious Daniele De Rossi Diving Italy vs Paraguay FIFA World Cup 2010

And will be cheering for NZ tonight too, hope they start the World Cup off with a win.

EDIT: Or did it earn him a yellow? Said so on the news this morning, but not on the official World Cup website...
While not wishing to defend soccer as a sport in any way - that looked like a cramp not a dive.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Agree with SS reminds me of a similar reaction from a NZ half back in a rugby match a few years back. Hopped his way till he could dive over the try line after breaking away.

**** I wish I could remember who it was so I could watch it again. Marshall or Kellahar (sp?) All Blacks/Otago/Canterbury pretty sure. Anyone remember this?

Smudge

Agree with SS reminds me of a similar reaction from a NZ half back in a rugby match a few years back. Hopped his way till he could dive over the try line after breaking away.

**** I wish I could remember who it was so I could watch it again. Marshall or Kellahar (sp?) All Blacks/Otago/Canterbury pretty sure. Anyone remember this?
Marshall, for the Crusaders (I think?). Did an Achilles or calf.