• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Guess The Famous Book by Titleless Cover

Scarlett

Banned
Ok stuck on both Harsh & Vogue’s now.
Mine I think was me trying to make it a little over complicated, The Grapes of Wrath. Yes it was a bit confusing, apologies and yes the thought of Gandhi in a cameo role made me laugh.

So a new one with 2 pics……..
scotland-flag-std[1].jpg
world-grunge-map_61-1729[1].jpg

harsh.ag

Ok stuck on both Harsh & Vogue’s now.
Mine I think was me trying to make it a little over complicated, The Grapes of Wrath. Yes it was a bit confusing, apologies and yes the thought of Gandhi in a cameo role made me laugh.
Indeed. Gandhi and "the Oakies" wouldn't have seen eye to eye much.

Vogue's one is probably another work from Fitzgerald. He writes such characters a lot.

Mine - See Hint above.

How The Scots Invented The Modern World?

Last edited:

straw man

2nd guess The Great Gatsby @ vogue.
And you're getting close....
Vogue's one is probably another work from Fitzgerald. He writes such characters a lot.
It's not Tender Is The Night a.k.a. the book to syphon away every last feeling of positivity and hope you have for romantic relationships, and I haven't read other ones by Fitzgerald, though it doesn't seem to be one of them judging by a quick squiz at google images of covers. Not Hemingway either by the looks of things. First thought looking at the cover was Casablanca which is not a book, though maybe of a similar era or feel? Doesn't seem to be Gone With The Wind either.

I'm stuck on both that one and Harsh's one.

Last edited:

Scarlett

Banned
@ Harsh
No but it’s a really good answer.
Basically it is based on a Scottish character you could say, just floating around the worldly area, looking at things………is that a good hint, I’m not sure.