• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Help me out & feel warm and fuzzy

redhotchilipepa

Hai cricket webbers,

Some of you probably know me as kirki - the girlfriend of Top_Cat who is no doubt gushed about on a daily basis here :p (translation: the butt of TC's sarcastic remarks) :ph34r:

I haven't been around much and obviously don't post as much as I did when I was working at SACA but I'm here to ask you for help…

I recently(ish) started working at the RSPCA and since day one I have been amazed at what my co-workers do daily.

I've seen a rescue officer climb six feet off a slippery, wet ground to rescue a trapped cat from a storm water drain. The cat had been missing for three months and the owners thought they'd never see her again.

I've see an animal cruelty inspector seize three dogs, all flea bitten, malnourished, and neglected. He meticulously gathered evidence for our legal counsel who made the case in court to prosecute the dogs' owners, who were eventually sentenced to two weeks jail on several counts of animal cruelty and neglect. All three dogs were treated, cared for, and rehomed by the RSPCA. One of which, waited almost a year in the shelter before he found a new home.

I won't go into too many details but sharing an office printer with the animal cruelty inspectors has inadvertently exposed me to some heartbreaking images.

They take it in their stride and do everything they can for the sick, injured, and mistreated animals that need their help.

When I saw an opportunity to help out I took it. So here I am, taking part in the RSPCA Borneo Orangutan trek which will see me taking off in a few months to trek, camp, and visit orang-utan orphanages. The trek is part of an Inspired Adventures tour which means before I go, I have to raise $3,300 for a charity - the RSPCA.

I have already raised half by running a 12km "fun" run, selling chocolates, and running raffles.

So what do I need help with?

Donations!

If you would like to help me fundraise you can donate at my online fundraising page:
https://secure3.everydayhero.com.au/trekfortheRSPCA/donate

If you can't donate (or just don't want to) please send the link to your coworkers or friends.

Anything you can do to help will be utterly fantastic.

Donating makes you feel warm and fuzzy knowing you're really making a difference to animals that need it… and it's all tax deductible - the website will even send you a reminder receipt around tax time ;)

Disclaimer: Because I'm super polite I checked with James to see if he was cool with me posting a "asking for help" thread and he was totally cool with it. *Thanks James!* :wub:

:horse:

uvelocity

well kirki your bitch sold me a nice bat so I'll make a small donation, best of luck. tell him the things broken though, second ball duck on the weekend

redhotchilipepa

well kirki your bitch sold me a nice bat so I'll make a small donation, best of luck. tell him the things broken though, second ball duck on the weekend
Thank you!! :wub:

I was ready to provide consoling words about the bat... I told TC about it with my sad face on and he informed that you may have been making a cricket joke...

*flashback to my time at saca when I received many muppet of the week nominations for not understanding cricket jokes*