• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Holland v India

Status
Not open for further replies.

aussie_beater

The way this Indian batting lineup is looking right now, I think they don't stand a chance against the Aussies. I am not sure what's wrong but something sure is.

Congrats to Holland for a good effort !

Rik

The fact that the Indian batsmen couldn't even perform against Holland's medium pacers on good batting pitches sorta takes away the claim that they only kept on getting out cheapily in NZ cause of the pitches. I mean Holland has no bowler faster than medium-fast. Also they took ages to get Holland out. They look in serious problems and Dravid looked pretty dodgy behind the stumps.

Full_length, you might say that Zaheer ended up with ok figures despite his wides but maybe that was because the Dutch batsmen were more intent on batting out their 50 overs? Against Sri Lanka or South Africa or Australia he would have gone for over 50 runs in his 10 overs.

Questions really have to be asked about Ganguly at the moment, I know I'm a large critic of his at the best of times but if your team looses the way it did to NZ, then comes here and looses a warm up match then puts in another lacklustre performance against one of the weaker teams in the Cup then something's just not right. Then there's his batting form...8 off 32 balls...and that's not including his warm up scores :yawn:

Rik

Some other problems I've seen in the Indian team are Yuvraj Singh and Mohammed Kaif, now these 2 did well in England and Kaif won the Natwest Final for India and added an unbeated 111 in the ICC Trophy, but since then both have fallen away, Kaif's average has gone from almost 56 to 31...also the inclusion of Mongia who keeps getting picked and doing nothing. This is supposed to be the strongest batting side in the world yet they keep getting rolled over. Mongia, Yuvraj and Kaif have to do something soon or they will be replaced by Laxman or Bandani. Ganguly just needs to do something...anything...

V Reddy

I think the Indian Batting is suffering from the NZ tour. The way they failed there has been in their minds and it has become a mental problem for India. If they play this way then they would even loose to ZIM.

Rik

Sorry I was a little cruel on Mongia...he did get 42 :rolleyes:

Anyway if they keep batting like this then eventually the NZ excuse will be too old to use. I just think they've lost it. After the WC they might get back but at the moment they are not even the 8th best batting side in the world.

V Reddy

Also Gough was wearing a turban ( which Sidhu wears on his head ) today in the Review program here and he was looking very good :lol: :lol: . He was brought in for Boycott as he is suffering from Cancer.

Anil

Thanks mainly to the affection and constant encouragement of its English fans, the Indian team has managed to scrape together a win against "mighty" Holland. :lol: :lol: :lol:

What has the team planned for the Australia match? Something special, I'm sure! Anyway, way to go, Chris, Neil, Rik....keep up the good work, just don't be so obvious in your praise.:lol: :lol: :lol:

full_length

Full_length, you might say that Zaheer ended up with ok figures despite his wides but maybe that was because the Dutch batsmen were more intent on batting out their 50 overs? Against Sri Lanka or South Africa or Australia he would have gone for over 50 runs in his 10 overs.
You don't know that yet. We'll have a chance to find out soon :D

I think you are also being unfair to Yuvaraj (apart from Mongia). He's looked good and I expect him to be one of the successes of the WC. He'll get around four fifties methinks..batting at his position, that's good.

I am however concerned about Saurav's and Kaif's form. Saurav is one of the best batsmen in the world in ODI format and seeing how a a few matches have been won off the blade of one batsman, Saurav's form is crucial!

Oh btw, it will be ok if Zaheer does give away 50 off ten overs in a highscoring game (like the WI-SA match) if he picks one or two early wickets and has bowled four overs at the death.
I expect Kumble and Harbhajan to be the bowlers giving under 5 runs an over. India's packing the team with seven batsmen. So the bowlers have some leeway.

No this doesnt take anything away from the farce that NZ series was. I'll follow the fortunes of Tuffey, Oram et al very keenly for the next year or so.
And also the supercaptain Fleming.. Anyone who posts Hadlee's and Crowe's reaction to the Kiwi performances..

Rik, that 8th best batting team in the world comment was funny :lol: You're probably lucky for India with statements like that.

Last edited:

full_length

We need to pull up our socks for the Australia match.

We'll miss Warne sorely though :( :(

They did it on purpose, the ACB :P

Rik

full_length said:

No this doesnt take anything away from the farce that NZ series was. I'll follow the fortunes of Tuffey, Oram et al very keenly for the next year or so.
And also the supercaptain Fleming.. Anyone who posts Hadlee's and Crowe's reaction to the Kiwi performances..

Rik, that 8th best batting team in the world comment was funny :lol: You're probably lucky for India with statements like that.
You might like to know that Tuffey and Oram haven't exactly set the world on fire since they played India. In fact Tuffey conceeded 36 runs or so off only 5 overs against Sri Lanka...

8th best batting team in the world...you think I'm joking? :rolleyes:

Anil

full_length said:
We need to pull up our socks for the Australia match.

We'll miss Warne sorely though :( :(

They did it on purpose, the ACB :P
Yeah, Warnie would have been the one bright ray of hope for the Indian batsmen. Do you reckon they pulled him out just so his figures wouldn't be messed up in his last WC?:P

...and yes, we need to do a whole lot more than pulling up our socks to make a match of it with Australia, f_l.

full_length

Are you :D

I know Tuffey did poorly against Sanath and Lanka.

Unfortunately India wont face them this world cup unless something strange happens.

Tuffey and co will have some fun against the WI batsmen too :D

Meanwhile India have the challenge of playing against McGrath, Wasim, Shoiab, Gillespie coming up. It's going to be amazing. I wish India-Pak match were'nt right at the end of it all.

Rik

Well if India can't scrape more than 204 against one of minnows then how many do you think they will get against Australia?

And no I am not joking, the fact is that "Indian" and "Batting" no longer = "Strong", in fact it is "Indian" and "Batting" = "a Joke"

full_length

...and yes, we need to do a whole lot more than pulling up our socks to make a match of it with Australia, f_l.
What else can we do?!

At any rate, this team is definitely good enough to beat the Aussies.

It's not much of a wait- just four or so days.

I'm expecting Sachin and Yuvaraj to come to the party. As also Dravid.

Who do you reckon will open?
Sachin and Sehwag?

full_length

The joke's oftentimes been on you Englishmen Rik what with the mauling at Champions trophy and earlier.

Like you said, it's ridiculous that they didnt even score at 4.5 in this match. Even if it was a Kiwi pitch they should have made around 260 against Holland!

All I am saying is that with India you don't know when they'll fall in a heap.. but dont count them out. The batsmen are way too good to be written off.

Remember they scored 280+ in England against you chaps, and then were dismissed for something like 190 odd the next match! Same batting lineup.. but I was happy on seeing the WI match. The Indian batsmen are somewhat similar but with a better opening pair. I am hoping they strike hard this WC.

Rik

full_length said:
The joke's oftentimes been on you Englishmen Rik what with the mauling at Champions trophy and earlier.

Like you said, it's ridiculous that they didnt even score at 4.5 in this match. Even if it was a Kiwi pitch they should have made around 260 against Holland!

All I am saying is that with India you don't know when they'll fall in a heap.. but dont count them out. The batsmen are way too good to be written off.

Remember they scored 280+ in England against you chaps, and then were dismissed for something like 190 odd the next match! Same batting lineup.. but I was happy on seeing the WI match. The Indian batsmen are somewhat similar but with a better opening pair. I am hoping they strike hard this WC.
You can say all you like mate but the joke isn't on me, it's on you. The fact is that all the performances against England don't mean diddily sqaut. On current form India's batting is at best an embarrisment, at worst it is a disgrace. So you can go on forever about the previous wins by India while I just watch them scratch around and get out over and over again.

Anil

full_length said:
What else can we do?!

At any rate, this team is definitely good enough to beat the Aussies.

It's not much of a wait- just four or so days.

I'm expecting Sachin and Yuvaraj to come to the party. As also Dravid.

Who do you reckon will open?
Sachin and Sehwag?
That's the frustrating thing with this team. I know they are good enough to beat Australia just as I know they can be bad enough to nearly buckle down to Holland. I guess it all depends on which side of the bed they get up on or something like that....atleast the reasons seem to be beyond cricketing ones. No point predicting anything with this team. Just hope for the best, cross your fingers, touch wood, don't blink while watching the match....etc etc and the support of Neil, Marc, Rik & Chris will be invaluable. Thanks, you guys.

I can't guess what opening combo they will go for, i just hope that Sachin keeps on opening.

Rik

full_length said:
The joke's oftentimes been on you Englishmen Rik
Oh now I get the joke...Englishman Rik...sorta like Fireman Sam right?

Kind of amusing, as I'm not even English. :lol:

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
anilramavarma said:
That's the frustrating thing with this team. I know they are good enough to beat Australia just as I know they can be bad enough to nearly buckle down to Holland. I guess it all depends on which side of the bed they get up on or something like that....atleast the reasons seem to be beyond cricketing ones. No point predicting anything with this team. Just hope for the best, cross your fingers, touch wood, don't blink while watching the match....etc etc and the support of Neil, Marc, Rik & Chris will be invaluable. Thanks, you guys.
<quack> and me. I just realised - when Sachin got to 28 today, he became the highest run scorer in WC history (actually, I just heard it on the news).

<luckyeddie> You just want something silly to happen

<quack> like what?

<luckyeddie> like a blancmange opening the bowling for India

<quack> leave Zaheer out of this

Anil

luckyeddie said:
<quack> and me. I just realised - when Sachin got to 28 today, he became the highest run scorer in WC history (actually, I just heard it on the news).

<luckyeddie> You just want something silly to happen

<quack> like what?

<luckyeddie> like a blancmange opening the bowling for India

<quack> leave Zaheer out of this
oops!! How could I have missed you, LE? Of course, your support will be just as great. It's good to have you back in the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.