• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How much is a car

auditor

Very interesting how much the car in Europe and especially in America?

real example cost Russian popular car

cpr

Looking at getting a new motor in the next few weeks/months myself. Need it to be decent on the fuel as I'm still doing a 70 mile round trip to work each day.

Probably going to go down the lease vehicle route rather than buying. Owning a car is such a false economy I find, buy new and you are throwing away thousands by taking it off your drive, buy older and you can spend hundreds a year just to keep it road legal (the current car's sat there expecting me to fork out the best part of a grand to replace the head on it). One issue I may face is my yearly mileage (around 20k ATM) might mean some wont lease me a vehicle, and I can't afford both the car and the monthly train ticket to work.

cpr

Yeah, but what people who do it at the moment are suggesting to me, the amount they pay over 3 years for the vehicle is less than the depreciation they'd have by buying new and then trying to sell on to upgrade 3 years later. I need as new as possible for the fuel ecomony with my travel. Owning meant having something older that drank fuel then cost a fortune in road tax and MOT bills. Was easily loosing £500 a year on those two alone,

uvelocity

yeah i dunno know about road tax, or what a mot bill is. picking a car which is not only suitable to your needs but also popular so that it is easily sold can help reduce depreciation. or buying something a couple of years old which has already suffered the biggest chunk of depreciation can be another tactic. also depends on your income structure and what tax laws say over there. here for a work vehicle we can claim the depreciation off our income tax.

cpr

Can't claim anything for work vehicle as i'm an office monkey, doubt yer maj will give me a company car (though TBH I should make more use of the pool cars sometimes)

Can't afford to buy outright unless I get an old car, which tend to last a year or two before they start costing in repairs. Getting finance to own the car outright - the monthly payments proabably the same as lease on a new one. Gonna have a proper look over the next few days.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Company car defo the way forwards. Unfortunately it also leaves me in a bit of a situation. Next grade up from mine is rare to have a 'needs user' requirement for a car meaning a promotion would see my lose my car, and the pay bump would pretty much struggle to offset it. Two grades up and you get one as a perk, will have to bite the bullet for the sake of my long term career at some point but really been so lucky to have it, especially as it is my first car.

superkingdave

Company car or more rather fuel card is a godsend for me, done just over 60K miles in mine in just under 3 years, have a 90 mile round trip commute everyday. Would be spending £300 a month on fuel alone.

Handing my Alfa back next month and replacing it with a Golf GTD, will be my fist diesel, feel dirty.