• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How old were you when you bought your first car?

David

International 12th Man
C_C said:
Buses...metros...skytrains...and a teen needs his own car if he lives in a city ? eh ???
Most teens/20s folks who buy a car dont need one-especially if they live in most cities.
Its just being spoilt in my books, thats all, considering how few kids in the west,nevermind rest of the world, have their own cars by 18-19.
Pretty much everyone I know (at that age) has a car... Don't see how that's being 'spoilt'?

Certainly Public transport round here isn't that great, some places that would take about 20-25 minutes by car take up to 2 hours by public transport. Walking would take even longer.

You can't just go around making blanket statements like that.

FRAZ

steds said:
Cars are for pussies.
Don't be a mullah by eating the words in a sentence ,the whole sentence is , "Cars are for Rich ,comfortable and highclass Pu........

FRAZ

Matteh said:

Speaking of which, here's the view from my window atm 8-)
If I will ever think about Harakiri ,Then this should be the perfect spot to jump in ... You are God gifted my friend .Use the nature !!!

Langeveldt

Soutie
C_C said:
Buses...metros...skytrains...and a teen needs his own car if he lives in a city ? eh ???
Most teens/20s folks who buy a car dont need one-especially if they live in most cities.
Its just being spoilt in my books, thats all, considering how few kids in the west,nevermind rest of the world, have their own cars by 18-19.
Sorry C_C but I have to totally disagree with you there, not everyone is fortunate enough to live in a city with "Skytrains" and a Metro.. At 18 I was working in a job which required me to travel 200 miles a weekend, and work to deadlines. I can't afford to be late at all so the train system is not an option.. Would I be less spoilt if I didn't work for my money but had no car?

Craig

World Traveller
C_C said:
Um so what if somebody was doing an an aprenticeship, ie as a mechanic or a one as a plumber, builder, sparkie (electration) etc. and they live in the city.

benchmark00

You could get away without having a car in a big city maybe but not many other places. C_C just sounds like a deprived child.

Smudge

benchmark00 said:
You could get away without having a car in a big city maybe but not many other places. C_C just sounds like a deprived child.
Either not enough hugs or not enough petrol vouchers for his birthday. I'm not sure which.

Sir Redman

Turning 20 on Saturday, and I still haven't bought one. I inherited my current car, a pile of crap Mazda Astina with no redeeming featured except for the fact that it works, off my brother. The engine is in reasonable condition, but the body of the car is a total screw-up.

While I think a lot of teenagers don't need a car, it is still something that is very important where I live. I need my car to:
1) Drive to the train station every day
2) Go to cricket practice twice a week
3) Go to cricket games
4) Go to hockey games
5) Drive to work (there are no buses that I could even consided catching, and besides, waiting at a bus stop after 10 pm in south Auckland is not something I'd like to take up)

Basically, if I didn't have a car my parents would have to cart me everywhere like they did 5 years ago, and due to various circumstances that's completely impractical now.