• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Introduce yourself

Scarlett

Banned
As a former staff member I can confirm that if you don't ever do anything you do tend to "kind of fall out" with James and end up as an ex-staff member.
Well I’m finished on PC and now finished on CW. My forums adventures will hopefully continue on Big Footy going to see what it’s like and didn’t want to leave with my ban. Oh yeah I am officially a serial offender now apparently whatever that means think it’s because I have a different type of cereal each day who knows it isn’t exactly everyday talk.
Going to really miss some people on here its more me I get bored very easily and will just wonder off somewhere, anyway wish everyone the best
Bye all

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Well I’m finished on PC and now finished on CW. My forums adventures will hopefully continue on Big Footy going to see what it’s like and didn’t want to leave with my ban. Oh yeah I am officially a serial offender now apparently whatever that means think it’s because I have a different type of cereal each day who knows it isn’t exactly everyday talk.
Going to really miss some people on here its more me I get bored very easily and will just wonder off somewhere, anyway wish everyone the best
Bye all
Shouldn't make jokes about this. My "cereal offenders" thread lead to me getting banned.

Edit: apropos of the previous sentence, post reported.

Curmudgeon

I've been posting sporadically for some weeks now and since it feels like a fun place to hang around and talk cricket, I might as well do the intro. So, I'm a 20 year old guy and, as is probably evident to those who have read my posts so far, I live in India. The 2007 T20 World Cup is the farthest back my cricket memories go without being unintelligibly scrappy, so I'm often clueless when people debate the cricketers and times I haven't seen (and reading about a sport defeats the purpose of it being a sport). My father initiated me into cricket and taught the basic parts - how to spin the ball, the elementary shots and the like. As a kid I had a fascination for Dravid and the brand of Cricket he's famous for even if my child brain failed to understand the basic nuances of Test Cricket or to appreciate the skill of defensive batting for its true cruciality. Simply batting out for overs to tire out the bowlers just seemed so cool, but, in real life, since we didn't have the luxury of playing a match for 8 hours everyday let's just say it was not encouraged. I moved to the uni when I was 16 and, since my dad was the primary reason I followed cricket all along (besides playing it), I gradually stopped watching it. Almost entirely. Then in the summer holidays of 2017 I was on a visit home and heard that there was Champions Trophy going on in England. At first I was indifferent but having nothing better to do I watched the entire Ind vs SA game from the group stage, and it was after years that I did so, and it gave a certain sense of nostalgia and joy and kindled some memories. It wasn't even that good of a game to be honest, but it was cricket nonetheless. Eventually I ended up following the rest of the tournament and most of the cricket that has happened over the world since. Initially I considered to very effortful to watch a complete Test match but over a year my views and tastes have radically changed. Limited Overs cricket which offered immense thrill to my immature cricket brain gradually went down in terms of its appeal, while there is nothing more I enjoy now than a good competitive test match or even an FC game. I have also been playing cricket with my mates for some months now - I primarily bowl some quicker leg-breaks which turn quite a lot with a tennis ball. Not a lot with an actual cricket ball. I'm a fan and admirer of finger spinners like Ash, Lyon (hence the username), Swann, Maharaj, Jaddu, etc. but since it is so common to see guys bowl off-spin I decided to try something different. They send me in 3 down and hitting big is all that is expected of me (or anyone really). Besides cricket, I have some interest in football. I study biology at the uni but I also have serious interests in subjects like history, social theory and philosophy. My final year at the uni starts next month and I had some time on my hands so I thought this forum would be a nice place to squander some of it around. Looking forward to have some fun discussions with you guys!
Sorry to be posting with a different account - I hope it isn't against the rules to create a new one when you have genuinely lost access to your original one. I initially registered as garylyon but had to go on a hiatus for a while, mainly due to some uni stuff. Unfortunately when I come back I had lost the password to my account. Strangely something weird had happened to my email too some time ago, so I couldn't figure out a way to recover my original profile. Really loved the forum community and atmosphere while I was on here so decided to register again. Hope everyone's been having fun. Look forward to posting in the tour threads

Burgey

Welcome back mate.

If you want to recover your original account, you could probably VM a mod and they'll help you. Except harsh, who would probably give you his p0rnhub account password by mistake. Which would likely be a win anyway, but still.

I know when I lost my original account ID under the username Richard that I had to come back under another name, but hopefully the place has moved on since then :ph34r:

Curmudgeon

Thanks Burgey

Be delighted if I could get the old profile back, but for now can't seem to be able to VM anyone. I don't particularly mind sticking with the new one either, though, if I have to.

Hope to see you and others in the Australia tour thread. Cheers!

Andy1993

Hello there, name's Andy, huge cricket fan, test cricket obviously my favourite format, and look forward to talking cricket with everyone....also like fantasy league's etc....glad to be here...and hi!

andmark

Hi Andy, nice to have you. There's always good discussion to be had on here, so hopefully you'll enjoy it.