• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Is it worth paying for Coursera?

vcs

I did some courses there when the platform first came up, and even a couple in 2014 or so, and they were reasonably challenging - I actually learnt something from them.

Now the assignments are of a standard that a trained monkey could complete and they skim over anything remotely interesting or mathematical.

Lillian Thomson

I’ve introduced a new rule here whereby if there’s something in the thread title I’ve never heard of I no longer Google it.

SillyCowCorner1

I did some courses there when the platform first came up, and even a couple in 2014 or so, and they were reasonably challenging - I actually learnt something from them.

Now the assignments are of a standard that a trained monkey could complete and they skim over anything remotely interesting or mathematical.
What is this? You will need to elaborate in a 500-word essay.

honestbharani

You don't have an office account you can use or maybe have them reimburse you ?

vcs

You don't have an office account you can use or maybe have them reimburse you ?
No. It's not that expensive in the larger scheme of things. There's worse stuff you can spend money on. I guess the actual question to ask is "is it worth spending time on them?"

Maybe it's a decent option to get a foot in the door on the subject, so to speak, and then look at better sources later once you know the basics at a shallow level.