• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Is 'Marge on the Lam' the best Simpsons ep?

Biryani Pillow

Any list of the greatest Simpson's episodes would have to include Lisa's Wedding, Stark Raving Dad (with Leon Kompowski/Michael Jackson) and Homer At Bat (Lord Palmeston...... Pitt the Elder ........ LORD PALMESTON:@)

Spikey

https://twitter.com/DaveMirkin/status/537314065178447873

game charger

Daily Simpsons ‏@dailysimpsons 16h16 hours ago
@DaveMirkin you were show runner for "Lisa the Vegetarian"... Did Ralph mean "Sleep! That's where I'm a Viking!" literally? Metaphor?

David Mirkin ‏@DaveMirkin
@dailysimpsons Literally. We weren't writing Ralph as capable of metaphor. Now you can sleep peacefully.

morgieb

**** I should restart Battle of the Simpsons Eps. Problem was only 5-10 ****s were voting on them.

Has been a surprisingly long time since I've actually sat through a full episode though. Like when you watch the first 12 seasons mutliple times, when you do watch TV you try to watch something new.

dermo

theres also so many **** episodes out now that the chances of fox8 playing a good one are lower and lower

Furball

Evil Scotsman
**** I should restart Battle of the Simpsons Eps. Problem was only 5-10 ****s were voting on them.

Has been a surprisingly long time since I've actually sat through a full episode though. Like when you watch the first 12 seasons mutliple times, when you do watch TV you try to watch something new.
My wee one's become obsessed with the Simpsons for some reason. I of course, am quite happy to indulge this.

Safe to say I'd forgotten just how genius the first few seasons are.

Spikey

it was only last year or something that i realised just how bonkers it is. literally almost every sentence can get a laugh in those seasons. it's insane

Furball

Evil Scotsman
It's when the wee one just picks a random box set, picks whichever random disc she wants and shoves it in the PS3 then it presents me with 6 genuinely ATG episodes that you take a back seat.

I don't actually think newer Simpsons is all that bad. It's not a patch on early Simpsons but very few shows in TV history are.

Gnske

This is where they should, even though they have no dignity left, just end the show.

Getting replacement VAs are just going to kill it further, Groening needs to stop milking the cow.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Should have stopped a while ago really.

I'm not a hater of the newer episodes (by which I mean any made since the early 2000s), but they just don't mesh with my sense of humour like the earlier ones did.

Bahnz

The fact that the Simpsons has had the momentum to keep going for 15 years after it stopped being funny really is a testament to what an amazing show it was in its pomp. But yeah, this really should signal the end.

ripper868

The fact that the Simpsons has had the momentum to keep going for 15 years after it stopped being funny really is a testament to what an amazing show it was in its pomp. But yeah, this really should signal the end.
It's almost like a runaway freight train, why is it so popular?