• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LGBT Thread

cpr

Well, wasn't due to being dyslexic, was due to not really paying too much attention, therefore never really learning the principles properly. Thats what happens when uni gives you an unconditional offer, you zone out in your A levels (when you turn up)

andyc

Woman adore pooves tho: fact. :ph34r:

Nah, seriously, lots of het actors play gay (Hanks won his first Oscar for it IIRC) so why not vice versa?
Neil Patrick Harris an interesting exception to the rule, given that the character he plays on How I Met Your Mother is the biggest womaniser on TV despite being openly out IRL.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Neil Patrick Harris an interesting exception to the rule, given that the character he plays on How I Met Your Mother is the biggest womaniser on TV despite being openly out IRL.
Never actually watched the show, but an American at work was very put out when I told him that Doogie putted from the rough. He even disputed it (presumably based around his character) until I suggested he Google him.

There's also been a couple of examples of out gay actors playing womanisers in British TV series, Ben Daniels played Finn in Cutting It (which, to my shame, I used to watch :ph34r:) & Michael French played David Wicks in Eastenders, but no real A List film leading men have ever come out willingly.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Well clearly it's not part of math as a subject - it describes physical laws, not mathematical laws (there is no F=ma law in mathematics). You can't say it's applied math - all of science is basically applied math. I just found it really odd that they teach it in the math curriculum over there - I don't think it belongs there logically.

Last edited:

PhoenixFire

Well, what you think it is/isn't is quite irrelevant, as I'm talking about it in the context of the UK curriculum.

And why should we listen to you when you can't even spell maths properly?

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Well, what you think it is/isn't is quite irrelevant, as I'm talking about it in the context of the UK curriculum.

And why should we listen to you when you can't even spell maths properly?
Well I think it'd be a bit confusing that it's not in the Physics curriculum. These are not laws of mathematics...it's not like learning y=mx+b, which is a mathematical relationship....F=ma means nothing in mathematical terms, it's a physical description.

cpr

That is the physics curriculum, the maths part is a section of the maths curriculum dealing with application of ideas such as calculating acceleration of an object down a slope of a certain angle

A past paper as an example. No physics knowledge needed, just understand the mathematical principles behind it.

PhoenixFire

Exactly. Like I said, you also do a mechanics module in A Level Physics, but that approaches it from a much more Physics based direction (obv), with the actual explanation of the principles, rather than the mathematical representation.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
That is the physics curriculum, the maths part is a section of the maths curriculum dealing with application of ideas such as calculating acceleration of an object down a slope of a certain angle

A past paper as an example. No physics knowledge needed, just understand the mathematical principles behind it.
Tension and weight are very physical principles, not mathematical concepts. Bleh, whatever, I'm a bit of a stiff about these things. :p

I understand what you're saying though, and yea I think it makes more sense if you can apply the concept of vectors to a real life situation.