• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Lord Presents..What Made Your Day + What Ruined Your Day IV

Burgey

Made

Booked tickets for Oz holiday

Looking forward to buying my son his first Rabbitohs jersey (poor bastard) and cooking my own steak in a pub surrounded by bogans

First time I've been excited about going home in years as my kids will finally be old enough to appreciate how good Australia is
Happiest country on Earth apparently. Which is odd, because all everyone seems to do is whinge. I think it's the English heritage.

There's a very good cook-your-own at the Phillip's Foot down in The Rocks if you're staying in Sydney

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Going to West Ryde Hotel tomorrow night, cook your own steak there, always tastes so good. Only $10 including chips too.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Isn't the point of going out that someone else cooks your food and brings you drinks?
Pretty sure its just to have fun actually. However that works. Sometimes that involves getting food served directly to you. Sometimes its you serve yourself at a buffet. Other times its you cook your food.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I don't think its Australian. There would be heaps of places in the US where you could make your own food.

Top_Cat

Yanks are already the tightest ****s imaginable with food that is served to them. Could you imagine the waaahing and gnashing of teeth if they actually had cook their own steak!?

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I don't think its Australian. There would be heaps of places in the US where you could make your own food.
There are. It's called your own kitchen. The shocking thing is that you end up not having to go anywhere and you can still cook your own food. You can even do it outside with friends. We call that a barbecue. It's a radical concept I know, but y'all will catch up some day :p.

Last edited:

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Isn't the point of going out that someone else cooks your food and brings you drinks?
I get where you're coming from. But there's just something about chatting with mates, drink in hand, while cooking your steak.

...plus then it's always cooked exactly the way I want it, haha.

Last edited:

Burgey

You're in Australia. Doesn't everyone have a backyard that looks out into the beach or has TV failed me?
See, this is where media lets you down.

It's not about the backyard overlooking the beach for Australians. It's about the size of your BBQ, and who dominates its use. If you come to understand this, you will understand us much more.

You need a huge BBQ, not some pissant Webber piece of **** or tiny four burner thing. It has to be at least six burners, with a wok burner on the side, and at least half of those burners must be covered by a hood. Anything less, and you are not a man. Even if you live in a tiny apartment, or the sort of hovel an Englishman would call a mansion, you must still have a massive BBQ. Even if it takes up your whole balcony, it doesn't matter.

And the key indicator of male hierarchy is who cooks the BBQ. There are many, many unmarked graves of men who visited a mate's place and had the temerity to pick up the tongs and turn a steak. It isn't done, and if you do it, the host and the other males in attendance will kill you, then quietly dispose of the body.

Last edited:

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Australians are multi-talented - we can drink and throw a steak on a grill at the same time

Simply go to the counter, choose your slab of beef, cook it on the communal bbq, collect your roast spud and optional green **** (I prefer the potato salad btw) - happens everywhere
Brekkie Creek?

Struggle to find a place down here in Melbourne that does it, tbf.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
See, this is where media lets you down.

It's not about the backyard overlooking the beach for Australians. It's about the size of your BBQ, and who dominates its use. If you come to understand this, you will understand us much more.

You need a huge BBQ, not some pissant Webber piece of **** or tiny four burner thing. It has to be at least six burners, with a wok burner on the side, and at least half of those burners must be covered by a hood. Anything less, and you are not a man. Even if you live in a tiny apartment, or the sort of hovel an Englishman would call a mansion, you must still have a massive BBQ. Even if it takes up your whole balcony, it doesn't matter.

And the key indicator of male hierarchy is who cooks the BBQ. There are many, many unmarked graves of men who visited a mate's place and had the temerity to pick up the tongs and turn a steak. It isn't done, and if you do it, the host and the other males in attendance will kill you, then quietly dispose of the body.
So it's safe to assume then that the Barbie is the Aussie equivalent of America's SUV, and is therefore inversely proportional to the size of the operator's penis?