• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

nathan bracken was a better odi bowler than brett lee

Flem274*

123/5
Perfect Australian attack would be:

McGrath
Starc
Bracken
Warne/Hogg
Symonds
nah, i put watson at #7. he batted there in the 2007 wc and was very successful, plus he's a much better bowler. he also edges symonds on record, though both were fantastic hitters.

warner
gilchrist
ponting
jones
bevan
hussey
watson
starc
warne
bracken
mcgrath

that's my team

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
nah, i put watson at #7. he batted there in the 2007 wc and was very successful, plus he's a much better bowler. he also edges symonds on record, though both were fantastic hitters.

warner
gilchrist
ponting
jones
bevan
hussey
watson
starc
warne
bracken
mcgrath

that's my team
Oh no you just ruined your own thread by starting Red Hill on the Symonds bowling thing again.

stephen

I'd promote Hussey to 4.

Waugh
Gilchrist+
Ponting
Bevan
Symonds
Hussey
Watson
Warne
Starc
Lillee
McGrath

12th: Hogg

ankitj

You know who is over-rated? Mark Waugh. Against test playing nations (that includes Zim and Bangladesh) he averages under 39. And unlike Gilchrist, his SR is nothing flash either. I agree with Flem's inclusion of Warner in the XI.

Shameless plug

Last edited:

stephen

You know who is over-rated? Mark Waugh. Against test playing nations (that includes Zim and Bangladesh) he averages under 39. And unlike Gilchrist, his SR is nothing flash either. I agree with Flem's inclusion of Warner in the XI.

Shameless plug
You do realise that as an opener he averaged close to 45? His overall average includes a lot of stuff from the early 90s where he was batting in the middle order. Frankly he got better the further up the batting order he went.

stephen

141 matches, 15 centuries, 5720 runs, average 44, strike rate 77 over 10 years batting as opener.

Spikey

I would pick Shane Watson, Australia's best opening batsman in OD cricket, as an opener and not number 7

stephen

He wasn't the best. He was the second most useful because he could bowl, but he wasn't the best at all. Waugh and Hayden were both better openers than Watto.

Fuller Pilch

1st XI

Watson
Gilchrist wk
Ponting
Jones
Symonds
Bevan
Hussey
Warne
Starc
Bracken
McGrath

2nd XI
M Waugh
Hayden
Warner
G Chappell
S Waugh/Clarke/Lehmann/Martyn?
Maxwell
Carey wk
Johnson
Hogg
Lee
Lillee

morgieb

Shameless plug
Also 39 back then was a very good average.