• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Notre Dame Cathedral Fire

Burgey

One of the great medieval buildings of the world has been virtually gutted. Such an amazing piece of architecture that’s stood since the 12th century, withstood revolutions and world wars. And it looks like it’s gone.

Arguably the centre piece of the most perfect of European cities. Will be such a loss if it can’t be saved.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Sorry to hear this, but hopefully you can share some stories about it being built to make up for it

Burgey

Presumably you’d like the land sold off to a developer for an apartment block. Let the market decide, after all.

Burgey

Richard Spencer tweeting that this tragedy will hopefully make the white man rise up and take control of his destiny is absolutely a reason why he should never have been punched.

andmark

A firefighter has been seriously injured. Best wishes for them.

The sound of people singing there is chilling. It even sounds like a medieval choir.

Burgey

Reports suggesting large parts of the interior are not too badly damaged. Hope that’s right.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
That sucks. It was so beautiful. I lived in an apartment not too far away for about two months and I used to eat lunch there every day.

Spark

Global Moderator
Genuinely stunned at the speed at which this is somehow being made about Islam and immigration despite having absolutely zero to do with either.

vcs

This incident just gave me a deja vu moment to that novel The Pillars of the Earth where the kid sets fire to a cathedral so that his father can get a job rebuilding it.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
It is terrible seeing the nutbags of the right use this to drive an agenda. Hadn’t seen Richard Spencer’s tweet (but doesn’t surprise me) but some of the things I was made aware of yesterday were insane.

Spark

Global Moderator
It is terrible seeing the nutbags of the right use this to drive an agenda. Hadn’t seen Richard Spencer’s tweet (but doesn’t surprise me) but some of the things I was made aware of yesterday were insane.
Really think the internet combined with the natural human tendency to find patterns and symbols in everything is driving us all slowly insane.

Maximas

Yeah some shocking takes from the far left and right

At this point anyone saying it's not a tragic accident is just getting it pretty damn wrong

Maximas

Really think the internet combined with the natural human tendency to find patterns and symbols in everything is driving us all slowly insane.
Yeah feeds into this feverish desire to explain every event as a piece to the puzzle of whatever narrative you subscribe to