• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2017

S.Kennedy

Maybe England left behind the disease of their dreary cricket when they left India: the mother of all batting collapses; dreadful captaincy; iffy selection - it does seem similar?

SeamUp

Think Lehmann can write himself down as doubly pleased over this, can lose the series now and still retain his job with the feather of finally actually doing something in the SC in his cap.
Still trying to work out if Australia feel less pressure moving forward now due to a first test win since 2004 or the expectations have increased and the pressure will get to them when India realise they took another home test match for granted and woke up too late whereas Australia put planning and effort in the build-up.

SeamUp

Just looked through all home India losses in the last 30 years via Statsguru, and there's some bad ones - especially to South Africa - but none as badly played as this.
The match against SA where we got rolled for 70 odd in the first innings and conceded 450 or so, was pretty bad.
Yeah most of our wins were down to the quicks (ie Donald/Steyn & co) bar this one : Nicky Boje the little ledge even got 85 as a night watchman at 3 to add to his last innings 5-for.

2nd Test: India v South Africa at Bangalore, Mar 2-6, 2000 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo

Last edited:

burr

Think Lehmann can write himself down as doubly pleased over this, can lose the series now and still retain his job with the feather of finally actually doing something in the SC in his cap.
No! I realise I'm as annoying as Warne on SOK when it comes to my disdain for Warner (OS) and Lehmann but pressure is never off that bogan.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Just seen the highlights - the Indians should be drug tested - no way was that the same team that played against England
Don't forget that England had a captain who was quite poor which lead to his axing and you picked spinners who average 40 + domestically.

Basically cricket is tougher in India when you don't a team all on the same page and your spinners leak runs and are largely unproven.

Burner

O'Keefe's figures are going to go bad in the next 3 matches I think. The pitches are going to be flat presumably and the Indian batsmen are going to give him a lot of respect starting off.

fredfertang

Don't forget that England had a captain who was quite poor which lead to his axing and you picked spinners who average 40 + domestically.

Basically cricket is tougher in India when you don't a team all on the same page and your spinners leak runs and are largely unproven.
Well yes, there is that I suppose

fredfertang

I just want to hear a well played Australia from you Fred.
They did superbly, loved watching Lyon and O'Keefe giving some back, and Smith and Starc with the bat, and the icing on the cake was Warner's fielding - really is a special sort of **** that bloke

Tangles

Indias 3rd spinner and Ishant were passengers. Both could be switched out I feel. Batting did look short for India but getting rolled twice makes you want more batting.

I expect the response will be pitches more suited to batting but if they are too roady I would back Aus for the draw.

Midwinter

Was just waiting for for the "Drop Lyon" after the Marsh brothers and Wade failed with the bat.

And it is already happening !

Can rely on it.

:)

Last edited:

Gnske

No! I realise I'm as annoying as Warne on SOK when it comes to my disdain for Warner (OS) and Lehmann but pressure is never off that bogan.
He'll still be under pressure if the series goes South, which is still likely. But the ship won't be sunk for Boof's tenure.

adub

Smith has copped plenty of criticism for his on-field captaincy but you get the impression he doesn’t shirk from captaincy; he wants it, and he wants to lead. When the **** was hitting the fan in Sri Lanka and at the start of this summer he never appeared to doubt (from the outside looking in at least) that he was the man to lead them out of the mire. I see the same in Kohli and something that’s often missing in other great batsmen-cum-leaders. I really hope those two bring it for the final three tests. They both have that intense competitive streak that allows them to excel personally but also demand a role in the bigger picture. Mouthwatering.
Absolutely. Champion batsmen, but more than that competitors and leaders. When it's tough they fight to find a way.

Starfighter

J Didn't see much of the second but it appears he was picking up the scraps after O'Keefe dined on the Indians, in very typical Lyon fashion. Downhill skiier. Still a good bowler but **** him.
Whenever I see you make comments like this I can't help but think you're still annoyed at him going through India at Adelaide and generally out bowling Ashwin in the series.

adub

Still thinks he's capable but he should be in the shield for 2-3 seasons batting at 3. Learning nothing doing what he's doing now.
tbf batting 5 would be high enough if he was bashing out scores as an allrounder. But coming in 3 would really force him to sharpen up his defence and look to build an innings. There's no question the **** can hit the ball. It's just that he's pretty woeful at keeping good bowling out for very long. A couple of seasons at the top of the WA order would either make or break him.