• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Big Bash League 2018-19

Burgey

Absence of Bertus, Copperfield and Ben Abbott from the Sydney sides is hard to explain given some of the spuds they’ve signed.

TheJediBrah

Also think you'll need an extra bowler in there stephen. Not sure I'd want to be relying on getting 4 overs out of burns and labuschagne. Also isnt renshaw around for heat?

stephen

Also think you'll need an extra bowler in there stephen. Not sure I'd want to be relying on getting 4 overs out of burns and labuschagne. Also isnt renshaw around for heat?
He is. Frankly I'm not sure what the best combination is. There's certainly a lot of options. They'll probably play Cutting too, much as I think that's a mistake.

GoodAreasShane

Lloyd Pope!
Been killing it in the national U19 carnival, 20 wickets at 13.65, 6 poles clear of second place. As someone who has already had a taste of First Class cricket you would want to see him leading from the front, and that is exactly what Pope has done

Gnske

BMac, Lynn and Bryant would be hax

I'd open with Bryant and have Lynn at 3 though
Yeah it's probably Bryant's best use. Plus even though credit has to be given to Ross for adding I think a single new stroke to his arsenal last season, keep him as the reserve at all costs.

social

Saw Chris Lynn having a body bash at the beach this morning

Can't imagine that it's a recommended activity given his shoulder issues

aussie tragic

What's with all the low profile overseas players?

Is it mandatory to have 2 in the squad so some teams have gone with the cheapest?

GoodAreasShane

Is it mandatory to have 2 in the squad so some teams have gone with the cheapest?
Can't speak for other teams, but I know Colin Ingram was a damn good value pickup considering his overseas T20 record. Virtually unknown in Australia before last year, but Dizzy was well aware of what he was doing in County cricket

TheJediBrah

They may be low profile for overseas pros but still probably better than a lot of the Grade players who would be the next best available.

TT Boy

Talking about high profile overseas players…Remember when Perth signed Sajid Mahmood and Mickey Arthur talked him up as an all-rounder?

Gnske

He was no Yasir Arafat that's for sure. A name you couldn't get off the tongues of the people.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Has anyone done any tournament multis?

Batting (most runs in tournament for the team)
Weatherald McCullum Turner White Watson McDermott @ 1046.66

Bowling (most wickets)
Laughlin Steketee Fawad KRichardson Abbott Archer @ 2779.41