• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Champions Trophy Discussion

kears_falcon_9

Badluck about the Loss boys. I think we did very well. Weird taht in the last two innings i hit a 6 and then got out cheaply :(...

Great tournament by some of the boys.

Loony BoB

Gutted. We'll get 'em next time around. Certainly proud of making the final, though, we shouldn't feel at a complete loss here as we did really well overall this tournament, and I'm confident we can improve and, in time, pick up our first trophy and start making a habit of such things over time.

We did well overall, and South Africa were just the better team on the day - when Kallis scores 147 off 138 balls, you know you're going to be in for a tough time.

Let's take on the positives, learn from the negatives and start concentrating on our next games/series, now.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Top effort from 3 bowlers, but the rest of us should hang our heads in shame.

Pleased to see Dave Watt responding to a lot of the criticism of his bowling (most of it from himself!)

Mr Mxyzptlk

Worth noting that that was the second highest total the CW XI has conceded in One Day International cricket. Not surprising, Australia is on top with 1 run better.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Worth noting that that was the second highest total the CW XI has conceded in One Day International cricket. Not surprising, Australia is on top with 1 run better.
Did you sleep through the last World Cup final?

Last edited:

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
So close! That`s insane, it really is. A great tournament overall though, to get to the final was something special.

Stuff Watty.

Mister Wright

A rare decentish performance for me, however I would have rather have played crap and the team one. Congratulations everyone on a fine tournament, however yet again we fall at the last hurdle, but we have shown a lot of spirt and I'm sure the team unit will be better off for it.