• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* CW XI in South Africa

Mr Mxyzptlk

Jungle Jumbo said:
So we're playing against lower-level first-class opposition? It's a bit like South Africa playing a warmup game against Pickford.
As I said, it's not like it's unrealistic. It's happened before.

chaminda_00

Mr Mxyzptlk said:
We're playing the exact warmup schedule the West Indies played 3 years ago, except with a 50-over game instead of 45 vs the Nicky Oppenheimer XI.
Times have changed in 3 years, Border and Easterns don't play in the main 1st Class competition. Oh well a lot of touring sides are forced to play 2nd XI sides, which is basically what they are now. Apart from that looks like a very good tour for our national team.

David

International 12th Man
Schedule is looking great, looking forward to a strong series win. On a personal note hoping South Africa proves kind to me and I can break some records.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
This series promises to be a very closely fought one - the sort of series we need to go out there and take control of early on.

SA are a good side, but they are beatable if the team all pull together and play to our potential.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
luffy said:
Sounds like a great tour, hoping to make it into the OD team.
Not being harsh, but you'd be better off concentrating on making yourself a regular starter in Dev Cricket first...

kears_falcon_9

Great looking tour this. Should make the off-season quite enjoyable. Hopfully my spot in the test side can be retained and well definatly not hoping for much on the OD scene, but with such a strong bunch of players we should be looking for two series victories.

luffy

marc71178 said:
Not being harsh, but you'd be better off concentrating on making yourself a regular starter in Dev Cricket first...
I was a regular starter in the OD...

kears_falcon_9

luffy said:
I was a regular starter in the OD...
Yer Luffy that was in the Dev League, and we got one of the best ODI teams in the world, even though you did have a really solid debut season it would be doubtful that you would make the team. Normally rookies spend atleast 2 seasons playing devleague before they get a shot at the national team.

But hey good luck to you, you never know, they just might pull a few younger guys into the team.

Dasa

Should be a very interesting tour. Fairly irrelevant, but I imagine I'd be lucky to make the ODI squad with the return of several players.
Good luck to all involved.

Mr Mxyzptlk

ash chaulk said:
give fluffy a go

yeah and Blackman hes letting the runs do his talkin
Blackman had one big innings this season - 301*. He followed it up with a first ball duck and 2.