• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* CW XI in Sri Lanka Tour Thread

Mr Mxyzptlk

The schedule has been announced and the squad has been picked, as the CW XI heads off to Sri Lanka for an intense 2-Test series.

**CW XI in Sri Lanka**

Wednesday 14th September
3D Warmup - CW XI vs Sri Lanka Cricket XI
at Colombo

Friday 16th September
1st Test - CW XI vs Sri Lanka
at Colombo

Sunday 18th September
2nd Test - CW XI vs Sri Lanka
at Kandy

Mr Mxyzptlk

CW XI Test Squad

Brendon Goff retained as captain on the XI for the brief tour.

BJ Goff (C) [Green]
NS Pickup (vc) [Black]
H Moerk (wk) [Red]
PE Young [Blue]
SG Fitzsimmons [Blue]
MJ Robbins [Red]
AP Cloete [Blue]
CR Butler [Black]
LA Camps [Blue]
KS Wright [Colts]
DM Kennett [Red]
XPA Rose [Green]
TC Halsey [Blue]
DP Richards [Black]

Just 14 men.

6 batsmen, 1 allrounder, 1 wicketkeeper, 3 seamers and 3 spinners.

Last edited:

FaaipDeOiad

Congrats to everyone selected. Let's hope we have an improved performance from recent internationals. ;)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Out of interest, which of us is the designated all rounder?

Congrats to all selected - time to knuckle down and get a series win under our belts - God knows we're due one.

Cloete

marc71178 said:
Out of interest, which of us is the designated all rounder?

Congrats to all selected - time to knuckle down and get a series win under our belts - God knows we're due one.
Liam, obviously.

2nd the second part. I'm delighted to be selected as well and let's hope we can win this series!

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
So I'm now a batsman?

Just wondered seeing as I've always been an all-rounder up to now, so why the sudden change?

Cloete

marc71178 said:
So I'm now a batsman?

Just wondered seeing as I've always been an all-rounder up to now, so why the sudden change?
No you haven't. You've been a batsman who's an extra bowler. Still, I see no reason why you won't bowl a reasonable number of overs every game.

Mr Mxyzptlk

marc71178 said:
So I'm now a batsman?

You will bowl obviously, but you're a batsman in the same way that Astle has never genuinely been considered an allrounder.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Good luck to the team.

Five Blue players out. May we have strength to carry on! :-O

thewizard1o1

Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Brendon Goff retained as captain on the XI for the brief tour.

BJ Goff (C)
NS Pickup (vc)
H Moerk (wk)
PE Young
SG Fitzsimmons
MJ Robbins
AP Cloete
CR Butler
LA Camps
KS Wright
DM Kennett
XPA Rose
TC Halsey
DP Richards

Just 14 men.

6 batsmen, 1 allrounder, 1 wicketkeeper, 3 seamers and 3 spinners.
Good luck fella's...very strong looking squad!

David

International 12th Man
Lets go demolish the Sri Lankans! Would be great to get a series win, I think we've the squad to do it too.

dinu23

so CWIX are coming to Sri lanka. hope u guys enjoy the stay. don't foget to visit the beaches.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Neil Pickup said:
What's the availability situation for the fourteen in the domestic game?
Players will be available for the opening 2 fixtures of the season, then they head off to Sri Lanka.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Players will miss 7 games actually, from the 13th to the 19th. Players will be available for games on the 20th.