• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* CWXI tour to Sri Lanka, discussion

Mr Mxyzptlk

lord_of_darkness said:
mate we are cutting down to 13

yea if u can name a 13 for SL that will be great
Why must it be 13 and not 14? It's just one person. For the next tour we can cut it to 13, but I really don't see what the big issue is.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
I think 14 is more realistic than 13 for the ODI series, if not more.

Out of interest, do players who are in the Test but not ODI squads (i.e. me, for obvious reasons such as lack of batting and expensive bowling) play for the Devs during the ODIs?

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Yep neil you play for Dev

and im okay with 14 mxy

can u name the 14 for Sl and do the squad for sydeur rehman please and send me the file :)

can we have updated avgs aswell for tests etc like apart from current avgs

Good to see our batting getting stronger :)

bugssy

wow only 1 person hit a hundred and all the bowling aves where all over 28.

come on guys

pick me pick me pick me

Mr Mxyzptlk

lord_of_darkness said:
can u name the 14 for Sl and do the squad for sydeur rehman please and send me the file :)

can we have updated avgs aswell for tests etc like apart from current avgs
Didn't you receive it already? I sent it twice yesterday. Oh well, I'll mail it again.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Neil Pickup said:
Out of interest, do players who are in the Test but not ODI squads (i.e. me, for obvious reasons such as lack of batting and expensive bowling) play for the Devs during the ODIs?
Yeah go ahead, replace us hard working devs with prima donna leggies.

If he's not good enough for you, why should we put up with him?! ;)

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Got all the files thanks laim :)

Injury alert: Mr Mxypltk is injured for 2 games

after i ran the injury sim mr mxypltk is injured for 2 weeks and since blewy was named 12th man for the game he will be in the starting XI for CwXI

CWXI O.D team to play S.L in first O.D.I

Rich 2001
Eclipse
Cloete
Krokde
Andre ( Keeper )
Blewy
Rik
Lord ( V Cap )
Lucky Eddie
Langeveldt ( Captain )
Hoggy

12th man: Master Blaster

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Liam all ive got everything and you sent me the CXI file 3 times.. i want the SL file.. with 14 players for syedur rehmans sim

Mr Mxyzptlk

Lol. Sorry, I thought you had that file already. Email sent.

Ironic that I was pushing so hard for the injury sim to be run and I got injured. :)

masterblaster

***Thanks Liam, Captain, Coach for the selection***

***In debt in terms of gratitude***

Hopefully will get a game in the next ODI, as masterblaster, has a lot to show the world, and the sri lankans.

gibbsnsmith

ahem

when will i be able to apply [and join] these squads, i ve already given my averages in someother thread and will do so again, if necessary. my s/r [batting] is over 75% in odis and i have only got out a few times so i think id be a good test opener or no:3 as my style is a tad like dravid except a bit more agressive

gibbsnsmith

so

do you think that ricky ponting is 'not as good as dravid'

:lol:

only joking i wasnt serious when i implied that i was the great one.

anyway, true maybe im just a weeny little tiny miniscular bit off the level off dravid but ill get there

Mr Mxyzptlk

Re: ahem

gibbsnsmith said:
when will i be able to apply [and join] these squads, i ve already given my averages in someother thread and will do so again, if necessary. my s/r [batting] is over 75% in odis and i have only got out a few times so i think id be a good test opener or no:3 as my style is a tad like dravid except a bit more agressive
My reply:-
You'll have to wait until next season to join. That would be late-Septemer to mid-October.
...as stated in this thread.