• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Domestic Season 2009

superkingdave

Lancs get revenge for the loss to France on tuesday, winning by 16 runs today. Derbyshire tomorrow then first FC match against Durham UCCE on saturday. We are supposed to be putting out a strong side (first team minus keedy and chapple who are injured and Saj playing in the MCC game). Should be interesting.

Durham finish 4 down with pieman hitting a run a ball unbeaten 50

superkingdave

Lancashire batting first against Derbyshire, probably 3 changes from our strongest OD side at the moment Mullaney (Chapple), Brown (Du Plessis) and Sutton (Prince/Laxman) being the only changes though Horton's decent form so far might see him get a chance.

Bit of a dodgy day here, so batting could be difficult.

SpaceMonkey

Somehow i managed to miss the fact that Blackwell had left Somerset till seeing him on the scorecard yesterday :blink:

wpdavid

Somehow i managed to miss the fact that Blackwell had left Somerset till seeing him on the scorecard yesterday :blink:
Me too - good acquisition for Durham imo. As I said the other day, I'd have him in England's onday side next time Swann's unavailable way ahead of Batty.

As for this game, whilst Mahmood's figures were to be expected, Ali's are genuinely disappointing after his performances last season.

TT Boy

Me too - good acquisition for Durham imo. As I said the other day, I'd have him in England's onday side next time Swann's unavailable way ahead of Batty.

As for this game, whilst Mahmood's figures were to be expected, Ali's are genuinely disappointing after his performances last season.
Me three.

superkingdave

Can't miss Blackwell.

Will do well for Durham, never international class, his spin is more part time than Patel's and he's not as good a batsman. Sort of like a slightly better Gareth Breese, whom he should be replacing in the Durham side.

superkingdave

Oh I sent invitations to Hakon and Grecian, if any one else wants to join the fantasy league let me know and I'll email a code.

grecian

Here's my side, whom of which all now have my jinx hanging over them with a stench for the season:

grecomania II

SOMERSET ( o) Justin Langer *TP
LANCS F du Plessis
NOTTS Bilal Shafayat
KENT Sam Northeast
DURHAM ID Blackwell
WORCS Kabir Ali
ESSEX Ryan ten Doeschate
SOMERSET Craig Kieswetter
HANTS Liam Dawson
SUSSEX PSE Sandri
SURREY MNW Spriegel

Has anyone noticed Ashwell Prince is down as an all-rounder:unsure:

FBU

Ali will probably find life a bit harder in the 1st Division.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Why not? I don't expect Blackwell to be a ODI-class spinner, not even close, but Gareth Batty has tried and failed before now; Blackwell has tried and produced inconclusive results. He certainly wasn't a success, but nor was he a failure.

BTW, :laugh: at those who didn't notice he'd moved to Durham. I was pleased - hopefully now he's playing on a proper-size ground with a pitch that actually does a bit off the seam his First-Class batting average will be cut down to size.