• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Domestic Season 2015

Spark

Global Moderator
Yeah, someone like Woakes for example is roughly only as good as Bad Broad. Once you take into account Broad's ability to randomly be awesome every so often, he really shouldn't ever be dropped, even if you put Anderson and Wood ahead of him.
He's still substantially ahead of Wood for mine and not that far from Anderson, if at all.

flibbertyjibber

Said it numerous times, his problem was he took ages to find form after injury and he was having to find that form playing international cricket which is never easy. Still a certain pick for our side but maybe the next time he gets an injury they need to manage his return to the fold a bit better?

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
I agree but it's a bit of a double edged sword when we're playing a World Cup and 17 tests in a period of just over a year. You don't want him playing too much cricket that isn't those games.

Spark

Global Moderator
Said it numerous times, his problem was he took ages to find form after injury and he was having to find that form playing international cricket which is never easy. Still a certain pick for our side but maybe the next time he gets an injury they need to manage his return to the fold a bit better?
Yeah in theory he's young and should be fine (he's 27/28 IIRC) but he's already played a lot of cricket, something on the order of 75 Tests.

Goughy

When it comes to 3rd seamers, how does Brooks never get a mention? He is no longer young but has possibly been the best seamer in England the past 2 years and on the best team in England. Guys like Jordan are not on the same level. It was also awkward when Plunkett was selected for the WI tour as they picked the wrong Yorkshire quick.

Anyway, great to see Yorks smash Notts and doing so without an overseas player. Doing it well and doing it right.

Last edited:

Dan

Global Moderator
Yeah Brooks should really be there or thereabouts. If Anderson/Broad broke down, I'd certainly take him ahead of almost any other option (I guess Plunkett made sense as the 'quick third seamer', as does Wood, so Brooks isn't really competing there).

Jordan does need to stay out of the reckoning though, yeah.

Viscount Tom

I'm not sure which part of that is most confusing, that this guy looks uncannily like James Taylor or that he looks a lot like Trevor McDonald.

91Jmay

Phew. We are so good at closing out games in t20s. Our bowling attack is so good, so much depth/options and quality. Ric Gordon has worked so hard on his action and is such a valuable player.

Pothas

Went to Lords today. Hampshire are bad, I mean really really bad. Have been moaning about the bowling all season but that batting has actually been so much worse, not a single century from the top 5 all season, says it all really.