• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fifth Test at the SCG

uvelocity

Lyon being so much better than their spin options and Kallis retiring throwing their balance out means you have a good case for it. Just so hard to go past an attack that has the best two bowlers in the world in it though.

South Africa still have the better attack for South African conditions, but I could probably come around to Australia being the best attack overall because of Lyon and, to a lesser extent, Watson.
australia is clearly in the final and for me without question has the best fast bowling depth in the world, with a world class attack waiting in the wings (minus a spinner) but yeah i don't think i'm ready to outright declare them the best going around yet.

Tangles

Lol at Cook saying Root needs to work on his technique. He's not wrong but he should be joining him.

uvelocity

6 out of our top 7 getting tons and all the main bowlers getting 5 fa's such a good team performance. amazing really.

Hurricane

australia is clearly in the final and for me without question has the best fast bowling depth in the world, with a world class attack waiting in the wings (minus a spinner) but yeah i don't think i'm ready to outright declare them the best going around yet.
awta

Hooksey

Banned
6 out of our top 7 getting tons and all the main bowlers getting 5 fa's such a good team performance. amazing really.
Particularly when you compare those figures to their English counterparts. What was the count? A single century to Stokes and two 5 wickets halls - one to Stokes and the other to Broad?

Nearly every single Australian batsmen averaged more than EVERY Englishman :laugh:

The bowling was probably little different.

wiff

Particularly when you compare those figures to their English counterparts. What was the count? A single century to Stokes and two 5 wickets halls - one to Stokes and the other to Broad?

Nearly every single Australian batsmen averaged more than EVERY Englishman :laugh:

The bowling was probably little different.
I'm stumped, England were put on the back foot playing on a sticky wicket. Its a different ball game for the English. It's just not cricket. England bowled wide of the mark and were hit for the maximum.