• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Group A Discussion - Pakistan, West Indies, Australia, India

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Uthappa was poor too. I knew you would come up with this point, was thinking the same. Also, there is the other counter argument that if you make more runs, you waste more balls but that's the best I can offer.

Last edited:

funnygirl

Team selection was poor from Dhoni,he is obsessed with three pacers and one spinner in all the match.And had to pay for it.One more spinner was needed there especially knowing Bhajji's histroy against Pakistan.Ajmal and Afridi did their jobs perfectly.For me this loss was of tactical errors,no one else to blame,Dhoni is the soul responsible person.Also the run out ofGambhir was his fault,his overconfidence and carelessness.Thers is not so much time left for this series to resurrect.

Cruxdude

If one of Gambhir or Raina had continued it could very well have been an Indian victory. Dravid's innings though was a very poor one. Not once during his innings did he appear to be in any sort of control. I am still confident that we can beat Australia.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Dravid was scoring at a S/R of 82 and averaging 37 in the year he was dropped. Also, I didn't agree with dropping Ganguly at the time when he was dropped. The replacements - Rohit Sharma and Robin Uthappa have proven to be failures.

Last edited:

Uppercut

It's nice to look to the future though. Ganguly was never going to make the 2011 World Cup so getting some new blood in wasn't exactly the worst idea. I believe that Gautam Gambhir will ultimately be a better ODI opener than Ganguly ever was.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
It's nice to look to the future though. Ganguly was never going to make the 2011 World Cup so getting some new blood in wasn't exactly the worst idea. I believe that Gautam Gambhir will ultimately be a better ODI opener than Ganguly ever was.
Why retain him in the side and then drop him unceremenously? Ganguly was not playing badly. He was averaging 44 in 32 matches in 2007. He should have been treated with more respect. Same goes for Dravid. Vengsarkar said at the time that they were just resting him when they dropped Dravid.

Last edited:

Uppercut

Praveen Kumar could be set to replace RP Singh too if that article is to be believed. I rate PKumar higher than I do RP in ODIs but I thought there were questions over his form and attitude.

Would give the attack a lovely balance if he came in for RP and bowled well.

ret

Congrats ret. Makes it very interesting.
Winning or losing is a part of the game, what's important is that they play some smashing cricket

Little master is due for a big one, Gambhir has shown some form, Dravid had a decent hit last night and so did Raina. If these guys play to their potential, the batting takes care of itself [if they fail, we are in a tough position anyways]. Hopefully, the strengthened bowling attack will deliver too

They need to play traditional cricket, keep wkts in hand, get in to 200/3 kind of situation and then turn it on. The bowlers will have to look for wkts all the time

Last edited:

Faisal1985

RP is a good bowler tbh, he just needs to warm up a bit more before the game and needs to add some pace.........he has a good action.. a bit more control on the one that comes back into the righty and a little more pace......Parveen K is a half volley bro......i don't know why people think he is a good bowler...RP is much better just needs some tune up done!

Good luck to India against the Aussies.......

pup11

Great to hear that Clarke is likely to not play in today's game, it certainly improves chances of an Aussie win, anyways pretty excited about the game, and I'm anticipating a good contest.

Xuhaib

hopefully India gets shown the door today don't want the last game against Australia to be a must win game.

pup11

Mishy's gona butcher them, would be surprised if he took less than 11 wickets tbh.
Pretty concerned about the 20 overs of spin from Mishra and Singh, those 20 overs could definitely make all the difference in the end.

Shri

What will be India's and Australia's ranking if they are knocked out in the group stage?