• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in England

gunner

you guys need to chill out abit more
aslong as no rules are broken then india pakistan debates should be allowed here

its all part of the fun waiting for a match between them while posting ridiculous posts saying which team will kick the other teams butt

pasag

RTDAS
There is a line though and any attacks and flame wars wont be allowed. These threads always end up better with intelligent debate and comments, not "ridiculous posts".

pup11

I am looking forward to seeing Akthar back in action especially against India, i don't care whether he does drugs or not but it would be fun to see him back in action.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Haha, just as a fair few CWers were saying they were looking forwards to seeing pup11 back in action. :laugh::thumbsup:

Welcome back, Sameer.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Haha, just as a fair few CWers were saying they were looking forwards to seeing pup11 back in action. :laugh::thumbsup:

Welcome back, Sameer.
Yeah, I don't care if he does drugs or not, it's fun to see pup11 in action. :p

Seriously though, as I said in the other thread, it's great to have you back pup.

pup11

Welcome back, Sameer.
:blink: As i said in the other thread its really great to be back and i am really touched!!

Last edited:

sohummisra

Regarding Ganguly in ODIs, no matter the strike rate, which imo has not been terrible, you cannot argue with 629 runs in 11 matches at 62.90 with 7 fifties.
It's definitely been a good comeback and this is mainly because India's batting has not been very good since his comeback. However, when he was coming in at number 3 or 4, his innings destroyed the momentum of the innings quite a few times. I understand if the team was in trouble, but even if we were cruising after getting off to a good start, a few times he would come in and play a scratchy, slow innings.

I personally think Ganguly will be pushed out of the ODI team if the rest of our batting catch form. Which is a shame given his performances.

sohummisra

i have a feeling india will be caught out with their new full of flaws policy of playing 6 batsmen and also dhoni and karthick in the same line up
I don't think the policy is that bad, though I felt so earlier. It has shown some success as Karthik is a handy batsman down the order and Dhoni is a handy batsman anywhere in the order. Karthik has also shown consistency which may not be possible from a new player in the team, and Dhoni just has the power-hitting to swing the game. Rohit Sharma may end up replacing one of the keepers for one of the games. I would rather see him replace a keeper than replace another middle order batsman.

sohummisra

Any clue what channel this will be broadcasted on in India? I think it's Neo Sports but I don't know now with all that confusion involving BCCI-Nimus-Zee.

honestbharani

Any clue what channel this will be broadcasted on in India? I think it's Neo Sports but I don't know now with all that confusion involving BCCI-Nimus-Zee.

Neo Sports in English
Sony SAB in Hindi
Sun News in Tamil
Gemini News in Telugu
Udaya News in Kannada

India's Tour of England ...Tough time ahead after Feast in Bangladesh

Indian team left for the tour of Ireland and England for playing ODI(With Ireland,Africa and England) and a test series with England..

The Test squad have a couple of new faces in the bowling department which is expected to face a severe examination during the English summer. Rookies Ranadeb Bose and Ishant Sharma. have to learn as well as to perform after aquinted in English conditions which will also be a challenge for those who are going to England For the first time...

England has just beaten westindies comprehensively back home and even without Flintoff English side looked quite balanced especially in bowling department with Harmison regaining his deadly form with pace and bounce and wily Monty with side bottom and Old hoggard..Their attack looked more penetrating compare to our where only Zaheer has bowled in england we dont know how much kumble can do though his record is reasonably well in England...

India's batting legends Sachin , Dravid and Ganguly has awesome records on english soil and as mentioned by dravid this is thier last tour they would certianly like to make a mark..

Jaffer and Dinesh kartik will have to perform well..as an openers , Yuvraj singh and Dhoni and laxman supports indian middle order...

But test matches are Bowlers game and the team has the bowlers who can take 20 wickets in five days will win and England bowling is looking better then us.