• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India Tour of Australia 2018/19

stephen

This second innings should hopefully give the selectors enough excuses to make substantial changes to this side.

h_hurricane

Marsh falling over on the off side gave the impression that he was plumber than he was. May be that influenced the decision.

Tangles

This second innings should hopefully give the selectors enough excuses to make substantial changes to this side.
Squads selected. Other than adding a random bat or spinner I wouldn’t expect anything. I hope they do something but they won’t.

vcs

So excited about our pace attack right now. Hope these guys can stay fit and play minimum IPL etc. Bumrah's workload is a worry.

stephen

I mean, he self-evidently was.
It clipped the stump. No way he could have been absolutely sure the batsman was out. The rules favour making the umpires look good.

Bumrah was bowling around the wicket. Nine times out of ten you shouldn't give those lbw, especially when the of stump is visible and it hits in front of leg.

Just because a decision is upheld doesn't make it a good decision when batsmen are supposed to be given the benefit of any doubt. Now the benefit of the doubt is given to the umpire.

Look, the umpiring has been great this test. That decision was dubious and would not have been overturned if given not out. So at best it was a rough call.

Burgey

But mate, it pitched in line, stayed low, he missed it and it was hitting. How is it a bad decision?

Gomez656

19th wickets in the series by J.Bumrah in the series

Shaun out
Wicket # 47 in 9 tests by Boob Boom Bumrah 2018

120/ 4 - Local boy Mitchell next batsman

Terry Alderman took 54 in 11 test in his first year in test cricket :

Ambrose 49 in 9 tests
Finn 41 in 11 tests
Bumrah 47* in 9 tests

Last edited:

Contra

Ashwin for Rohit in the next test would be ideal. 2 Spinners at Sidney is something India can afford now with this pace attack.

Bahnz

It clipped the stump. No way he could have been absolutely sure the batsman was out. The rules favour making the umpires look good.

Bumrah was bowling around the wicket. Nine times out of ten you shouldn't give those lbw, especially when the of stump is visible and it hits in front of leg.

Just because a decision is upheld doesn't make it a good decision when batsmen are supposed to be given the benefit of any doubt. Now the benefit of the doubt is given to the umpire.

Look, the umpiring has been great this test. That decision was dubious and would not have been overturned if given not out. So at best it was a rough call.
AusWaaahlia

OverratedSanity

It's a 50/50 decision. You shouldn't complain about those no matter which way the decision goes. Just the way it goes sometimes, just move on.

vicleggie

He's seeing it at 140k though, with Marsh falling around. Don't think he has the time to disect it the way you are

Second Spitter

I.

I'm glad it has been downgraded from "rubbish" to "dubious" and then again in the following sentence to "rough". I'm predicting by stumps you're going to downgrade it again to the "right" call.

Last edited: