• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in England and Ireland 2016

Howe_zat

This is not unlike the test in the Windies so far, is it?

Young star batsman is on 140 overnight, supposed bowler comes in at number 6 and plays a partnership you'd think was complete bullshit if you din't know who he was

Burgey

i get the feeling that Pakistan might not be able to recover from this onslaught for the rest of the series.
Why? It's a flat deck and they're scoring at 3.5 an over which is pretty standard test match going these days. Seems sfa in it for the bowlers, though I do think you've overdone the left arm quick thing.

Howe_zat

Odds on a Pakistan win have gone from 15.0 to 29.0 this morning. They desperately needed to hit back in the first hour.

smalishah84

The Tiger King
Why? It's a flat deck and they're scoring at 3.5 an over which is pretty standard test match going these days. Seems sfa in it for the bowlers, though I do think you've overdone the left arm quick thing.
The problem is that Pak bowler's haven't been in such a helpless situation for a quite some time so it will be a bit of a shock, Secondly, its hard to see pak batting match the English effort and it might be that the bowler's will be back on the field much sooner than they would want to. With England having the upper hand expect more confidence shattering moments for the bowlers in the 2nd innings (add dropped catches to the mix) and you have a demoralized team on tour. Not great for the rest of the series.

Burgey

They don't need to match England, they need to bat time and make sure they avoid a follow on target. Say England get to 550 odd, there'll be three days and half a session left in the game. Pakistan has to set itself to bat for two of them (preferably not the third and then the fifth). If they do that, even if they go slowly, they'll save it.

Not saying it's going to be easy, but I think that's got to be their aim.

Burgey

This is huge mockers but does Root have the time to double his score?
Time? The way they're going they'll bat into session three. If he's fair dinkum he'll be 250 plus by then and pissed off he didn't go harder to get a triple before the declaration.

Niall

i hope this series doesn't head down the last Ind-Eng series path
I think it might. Ultimately look at the sides who have lost over the past few Summers who have toured England and really are Pakistan any better than India or Australia? I don't see it.

I think the only side I'd be somewhat confident of beating England in their home conditions if they had everyone to choose from and yeah a massive if isn't it.