• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official Rugby Thread

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Epic test, tbf.

NZ just do not know when they're beaten.

Thought White's pen had won it for the Wobblies.

Falling asleep for Smith, A's quick tap pen cost them in the end. Great opportunism from the little half-back.

social

Congrats to White for becoming the first player in history to record 100 ineffectual box kicks in a test season

Wallabies dominated for most of the match by keeping the ball in hand but he comes on and kicks it away

**** knows what he was thinking

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
The reason is she's a not a "one of the boys" type, and that isn't what her role was to be, her roles is to manage business side of things in the wallabies, which has saved approximately Israel Folaus annual salary in the time she has held the post.
Because there's a female hanging around the boys, and they can't talk about chopping, who'd they'd like to chop, and how they'd like to do it, while she's around.

Spark

Global Moderator
Congrats to White for becoming the first player in history to record 100 ineffectual box kicks in a test season

Wallabies dominated for most of the match by keeping the ball in hand but he comes on and kicks it away

**** knows what he was thinking
i didn't see the game but anyone who's seen nic white play for the brumbies knows that 100 ineffectual box kicks a season is actually pretty low for him

Hurricane

There had to be a kick at that stage because all forward momentum was lost and they were in the 22. Foley should have got himself in position for a clearance and yelled for it. In the end the box kick went what 5 metres up the field and into touch...

In the end the Wallabies decision to run EVERYTHING cost them. There has to be some kicking - and eventually after trying to run it out from the 22 with 20 minutes to play there was a turnover and a gift 3 points for the ABs.

The losing of the match was really lax reffing allowing Aaron Smith to just take a tap kick from the general vicinity of the mark rather than the actual spot. Also the fact that Horwill couldn't be ****ed bending down to make the tackle didn't help - but James can be excused because at the end of the day it is just a test match.

social

There had to be a kick at that stage because all forward momentum was lost and they were in the 22. Foley should have got himself in position for a clearance and yelled for it. In the end the box kick went what 5 metres up the field and into touch...

In the end the Wallabies decision to run EVERYTHING cost them. There has to be some kicking - and eventually after trying to run it out from the 22 with 20 minutes to play there was a turnover and a gift 3 points for the ABs.

The losing of the match was really lax reffing allowing Aaron Smith to just take a tap kick from the general vicinity of the mark rather than the actual spot. Also the fact that Horwill couldn't be ****ed bending down to make the tackle didn't help - but James can be excused because at the end of the day it is just a test match.
Agreed but the ABs should have been made to bring the ball back 70 m not 22

Mike5181

Box kicks are ineffective more often than that. We gave possession away 2-3 times because of them, too. Why would you waste your time with them when you've got one of the best equipped players of all-time (Israel Folau) on the opposition to defuse them?

Anyway, we were incredibly lucky to get out of that one with a win. Conrad Smith's defence was fantastic as always.

dermo

the next wallabies halfback that attempts a box kick should be immediately taken from the field and to the sheds where they are to be hung from the roof by their testicles, so perhaps they can get some idea of the pain australian rugby fans are put through each time they try such stupidity. furthermore, a directive should be sent from the aru to all junior clubs and schools that the box kick is hereby banned and any child who attempts one will be refused service at the bbq post game.

the big bambino

Hmmm...maybe, maybe not. All I know is that NZ always execute their plays and play with passion. Therefore they will always give themselves the best chance to compete and win tight matches. The Wallabies have so many flaws that you can bet anyone one of them will crucially let them down.

Burgey

It's disturbing to hear a lot of people connected with the ARU and/ or past players talking about the "Wallaby brand" and how it looks in the aftermath of the past two weeks.

A couple of the interviews and press conferences I've heard sound like some corporate gobbledygook from an episode of The Office. It's terrible.

Burgey

Will someone tweet into the Matador Cup coverage today and ask Brett Lee what Alan Jones is like in his private moments?

ripper868

Epic test, tbf.

NZ just do not know when they're beaten.

Thought White's pen had won it for the Wobblies.

Falling asleep for Smith, A's quick tap pen cost them in the end. Great opportunism from the little half-back.
Gutting result for us, i too thought for a half second we'd won with that Pen, but also had the same horrid feeling that we'd **** it up somehow, and we did.

Yeah the Smith try annoyed me - was a good 5-10 metres closer to the posts than where the penalty actually should have been, which is where Horwill and Foley had retreated to - Kev probably should ahve made the tackle regardless but Smith is slippery can can understand how he got past a back peddaling second rower so easily.

There was a bit of comedy of error around it all - when the AB penalty didnt find touch and Tomane decided to run straight into the biggest guy available is when my alarm bells went off. White's box kick was terrible but it was realistically the inability or unwillingness of Hooper/Foley to take ownership in the last 5 minutes to close it out - had to kick long and back our defence.

Tevita Kuridrani was immense again. He has proven himself to be a world class 13 with great runs and good tackles. I was a big fan of AAC at 13 and still think it's his bets position, but TK provides a bit more oomph. Was also impressed with hor Lealiafano controlled the game from 12, his distribution was great. Phipps had his best game for a while as well.

It's disturbing to hear a lot of people connected with the ARU and/ or past players talking about the "Wallaby brand" and how it looks in the aftermath of the past two weeks.

A couple of the interviews and press conferences I've heard sound like some corporate gobbledygook from an episode of The Office. It's terrible.
Yeah Pulver has been terrible. If there was pin-up for the silver spoon image rugby has (rightly or wrongly) been given, he is it.

Bottom line, give the jobs to John Eales, George Gregan, Pat Howard and Dame Edna. Caramello Koala unlucky to miss out after a strong interview.

social

Pulver was appointed by Michael Hawker whose performance in management is open to debate (I'm being very diplomatic here) and is on record as saying that Hitler was a leader with great vision

Bit much to expect good judgement from the top

Hurricane

Gutting result for us, i too thought for a half second we'd won with that Pen, but also had the same horrid feeling that we'd **** it up somehow, and we did.

Yeah the Smith try annoyed me - was a good 5-10 metres closer to the posts than where the penalty actually should have been, which is where Horwill and Foley had retreated to - Kev probably should ahve made the tackle regardless but Smith is slippery can can understand how he got past a back peddaling second rower so easily.

There was a bit of comedy of error around it all - when the AB penalty didnt find touch and Tomane decided to run straight into the biggest guy available is when my alarm bells went off. White's box kick was terrible but it was realistically the inability or unwillingness of Hooper/Foley to take ownership in the last 5 minutes to close it out - had to kick long and back our defence.

Tevita Kuridrani was immense again. He has proven himself to be a world class 13 with great runs and good tackles. I was a big fan of AAC at 13 and still think it's his bets position, but TK provides a bit more oomph. Was also impressed with hor Lealiafano controlled the game from 12, his distribution was great. Phipps had his best game for a while as .
agree with all of that and indeed Foley was glaringly Mia when the box kick took place and should have been demanding the ball