• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Third Test at the WACA

SpofforthLohman

Now we cross to Warner to say something belittling of the opposition.

In twenty years, Rogers will be the Trevor Hohns of this side - the one people struggle to name as part of an ashes winning side.
Oh no, Hohns was a shocker as a selector from memory so there's little chance we will forget him but I know what you meant.

Son Of Coco

Incredible to think we've done this within the first 3 tests (or at all really). An amazing effort, and one I think rates above most Ashes victories I've seen simply because it was so unexpected.

Good innings by Stokes today too, glad he got his hundred and then England played nice and promptly got out for us.

SpofforthLohman

Must be THE best sporting year of my life, I have the trifecta... The Ashes, The Rugby League World Cup and The Roosters won the NRL Premiership. Does it get any better ?.. not possible.

Scaly piscine

Has marc spontaneously combusted yet?

Stokes' bowling at the moment is more suitable to flat conditions as he doesn't have the skills of an Anderson or Onions - and doesn't have much experience with a Kookaburra ball. And if there's a team that should be used to handling a bit of pace and bounce it's Australia. But his bowling will be invaluable on flatter wickets because his main assets are reverse swing and persistence. He has enough pace to knock a few over quickly now and then. I'm not comparing their actual bowling or batting techniques, but dynamically he's similar to Cairns. He can be a very good 4th seamer but he's a very aggressive one, he will run through sides and he will be expensive. He's not a steady and surgically precise bowler like Flintoff who will consistently go at 3 an over and work over batsmen.

Last edited:

uvelocity

oh boy wowee, that lyon wide out of the crack and the harris one, don't remember ever seeing anything as fierce as that ever, anywhere