• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Training Camp (West Indies Tour)

Mr Mxyzptlk

marc71178 said:
Yet again, where have I showed HIM a lack of respect?

All I have ever done is question the role, and asked what it will add.

But nobody has yet answered my question...
It's been answered several times. That you choose to ignore any response is no longer any concern of mine.

Travis_Teh

KennyD said:
Absolutely. They all add to the realism. I mean, whats the point, whats the "defined role" of having allocated ODI numbers? None at all, except for adding to the realism of this simulation that all us cricketing tragics take part in. The coach does exactly the same thing.

We strive to be realistic as possible, and what real life team doesn't have a coach?
I can't agree more hey, what you just said was brilliant. It brings a tear to my eye :'(

Summing up the situation, having read and re-read a lot of the posts, i'd say Marc is arguing a dull point and is now an amputee with no legs (to stand on, obviously).

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Squads for the two day match -

*Brendon Goff XI*
T Mamesh
AP Chaulk (wk)
BJ Goff
DA Kearsley
BC Cunningham
CP Thompson
GKK Dobson
NS Hoy
TC Halsey
XPA Rose
KS Wright

*Neil Pickup XI*
H Moerk (wk)
LA Camps
AP Cloete
CR Butler
MW DeSilva
I Markus
MW Wilson
DS Singh
DM Kennett
NL Patrick
NS Pickup

In the practise we focussed on not playing extravagant, unnecessary shots which has been a problem off late. The bowlers have been quite disciplined at large and they continued focussing on bowling at a target area.

No one was deemed unfit after the fitness tests.. Will publish the results and give in detailed reports after the two day match.

I hope every performs to the best of their ability in the two day match ahead..

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Squads for the two day match -

*Brendon Goff XI*
T Mamesh
AP Chaulk (wk)
BJ Goff
DA Kearsley
BC Cunningham
CP Thompson
GKK Dobson
NS Hoy
TC Halsey
XPA Rose
KS Wright

*Neil Pickup XI*
H Moerk (wk)
LA Camps
AP Cloete
CR Butler
MW DeSilva
I Markus
MW Wilson
DS Singh
DM Kennett
NL Patrick
NS Pickup

In the practise we focussed on not playing extravagant, unnecessary shots which has been a problem off late. The bowlers have been quite disciplined at large and they continued focussing on bowling at a target area.

No one was deemed unfit after the fitness tests.. Will publish the results and give in detailed reports after the two day match.

I hope every performs to the best of their ability in the two day match ahead..

Mr Mxyzptlk

Sorry for the late results.

Neil Pickup XI 1st Innings 277 for 5 dec.
Brendon Goff XI 1st Innings 198 all out
Neil Pickup XI 2nd Innings 122 for 4 dec.
Brendon Goff XI 2nd Innings 71 for 0
Match Drawn.

Attachments

Mr Mxyzptlk

Neil Pickup said:
I'd really rather not have declared with half an hour to play!
Chris Butler was allowed some time in the middle, but the declaration came in time to give Mamesh and Goff a bit of a hit before the close.

Slats4ever

awesome... the purple patch continues with a few nice innings in the 2 day match.

It all goes well for the upcoming first class development season... where hopefully I can keep the runs flowing and push my name up into lights for test match selection.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Some thoughts -

Happy with the fact that Mork and Camps showed a bit of batting form in the first inning. Crucially, they spent time in the middle which is always better than any net practise. Cloete and Buts also showed resolved but couldnt even reach a 50.. the less said regarding the shots they played to get out the better..

DeSilva's unbeaten 50 pleased me most from the innng though. Continue with the effort lad.. :cool:

Wright and Rose bowled well but the special deliveries were lacking which probably could have taken an extra wicket.. There was discipline in the bowling.. concentrating on effort balls now would immensely help.. lets see what happens..

Hoy has been impressive to say the least and I am glad because of it.. Thompson and specially Halsey has to stop bowling those loose deliveries still..

Mamesh is applying an agressive approach top of the order.. players like Sehwag have succeeded with the approach and I wonder how many you could have made in the second inning if there was more time. Goff, Kearsely and Cunningham couldnt get much practise out of the match sadly..

Thompson was left out of partners till Rose showed some resolve.. later order batting has to wag and show some more prowess as most international teams have better lower order batting.. some thing we will focus on strenghtening in the future, specially for LOIs as much as possible..

Camps made a statement with his bowling.. Patrick got smashed a bit because of the attacking approach of Goff XI.. Kennett was particularly good with a nagging line and the figures do not do his efforts justice.. It wasn't as bad a pitch as you would think seeing the figures of Pickup and Halsey. The batsmen were particularly harsh on Pickup after he got Kearsely. Despite not being one of his days, he still managed 3 which was a good effort.

Markus got a valuable 50 in the second inning and the Pickup XI some revenge by targetting poor Halsey who had no idea when the batsmen went after him finishing with 3-0-38-0. It has been a good week for Halsey and this shouldn't dishearten him. It should only make him stronger in resolve to get the loose deliveries out which make the batsmen more confident against him..

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Pleased with two wickets, though my new-ball bowling is concerning. Not heaps surprised about my economy-rate against such an attacking side, but if I`m not taking many wickets I need to keep the runs down.

Good hit-out for all of us. Go Marky.