• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Training Camp (West Indies Tour)

new_age_ar

Pratyush said:
Mamesh is applying an agressive approach top of the order.. players like Sehwag have succeeded with the approach and I wonder how many you could have made in the second inning if there was more time.
Hmm being compared to Sehwag, now that will be tough to live up to.

Happy with my form in the warm up matches, 100 odd runs in two games is a good effort. Hopefully i can continue to replay the selectors and coaches faith, when we jet off to the Windies.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Fitness results -

Players with 13 and above (fantastic fitness levels) -

Butler - 13.09
Mamesh - 13.06
Markus - 13.05
Rose - 13.02
Hoy - 13.02
Chaul - 13.01

Players with good fitness levels - between 11 and 12.11 -

Thompson - 12.10
Halsey - 12.07
Camps - 12.05
Kennett - 12.10
Wright - 12.10
Kearsely - 11.08
Pickup - 11.08
Goff - 11.08
Hakon - 11.02
Wilson - 11.01
Patrick - 11.01

Players with acceptable fitness levels but bordering on trouble (a fitness level below 10 would mean in the unfit category)

Cloete - 10.09
Cunningham - 10.05
DeSilva - 10.05

Improvement shown by most people already. Very happy regarding this. Thank you :)

Now the last part of the camp - I have given in my inputs. Now players give in assessments of their own performance, nets on camp and do an analysis/brainstorming and put in what areas you think you need to and will be focussing to improve for the future..

Last edited:

kears_falcon_9

David Kearsley:
My fitness levels over the two tests have been okay, but nuthin as good as i think i can get to. My training was great, in the nets i was hitting them sweet. Unfortunatly in the practice games i struggles to fire at all. Which was really dissapointing.

As a team it was a great week to bond and train solidly. Improvement wise, i beleive my mental strenght when batting needs to be strenghtened.

dinu23

Dinu de silva:
I need to improve my fitness level asap. At the start of the camp my beep test result was 10.3, wnich is pretty poor. At the conclusion of the camp it's at 10.5. not much of an improvement. Other than that I had a perfect time at the camp. Got some valuable match practice, I really enjoyed my last innings. As this is my first tour, this camp has been a great help to get to know my team mates, most of whom are senior to me.

thewizard1o1

Nathan Hoy:
Devastated to be ranked below Markus in both fitness tests :p, will have to train doubly hard between now and the start of the West Indies Tour to be in tip top shape should a call-up come my way. My bowling doesn't really know if its Arthur or Martha at the moment, in first class bowl a lot of non wicket taking - non playable balls where as my OD bowling is totally the opposite. This is due to more mental factors then anything, trying to find a happy medium in both forms is of up most performance if I am to improve as a bowler.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Xavier Rose:
My fitness levels have been good. I'm absolutely pleased with that. I've performed well in the practice games. However I wasn't as penetrating as I wanted. Was economical which was good. Showed that I'm getting back my rookie form. mot quite there though.

Batting was ok. Made some contributions which can only help the team. Apart from the row over the coach it was an enjoyable and one which I hope should prove useful. The players all seemed to bond and that augurs well for the CWXI.

ash chaulk

Ash Chaulk

Feeling sore to be honest. I really put in a lot to become one of the fastest runners between wickets. Happy with my batting form Got a few starts in the Practice matches really need to work on concentration which i have tryed in the nets thus far.

David

International 12th Man
David "Pingy" Kennett
My fitness levels have been acceptable, although it's something I've always prided myself on, so I was hoping for better results than that. I had a bad off season, so my bowling really picked up at the camp. I've started to get it back, I'm feeling a lot better with my action which lately has been a bit sloppy, but I've pulled it back together. I'll really be concentrating on improving my fitness and my accuracy, both things which I pride myself on already, but integral to my success, and you can always improve.

I'll also be focusing on improving my leadership in the team and throughout the CW cricket community, I'm one of the few remaining original members and I think it's time to step up and give back what I've gotten from cricket.

Slats4ever

Ian Markus

The training camp was a huge success for me. I felt as though the decision for me to bypass club cricket and work on my own game for a few months paid real dividends. Fitness was a huge concern to me at the end of last sesason and it appears as though I have rectified that issue and now become one of the fittest members and no longer get laughed at.

The performance in the warm up matches and nets was also reflective of the work that I've been putting in whilst away from the game. Hopefully I can convert a successful training period into some runs on the board for the matches against the Windies...

Once again my focus will primarily be on forcing my way into the mix for the test team. I now have myself established somewhat in the OD mix and now am focussing very much on my test ambition. Perhaps with some extra work on disciplined batting and correct shot selection I will make it to the team.

Right arm fast

Callum Thompson

Thouroughly enjoyed the Training camp. Well put together by coach Argwal. My Fitness levelsa improved only marginally and although i would have liked to be in the fantastic fitness level group i was happy with my levels. On the batting side of things i wasn't very happy playing to many lose shots in the last game of the tour i got a 50 that i worked hard for and i was pleased about. my bowling overall was a bit lose and i will be working hard to get it under control.

Cloete

My beep test results have been **** but it has been a great training camp. Argwal's definitely a top coach. Was slightly strange opening in the 2 dayer though and I've been pretty disappointed with my form. Hopefully I'll turn that around in time for the test (although I did hit a ton for Blue, but I spose it doesn't count).

new_age_ar

Thamba Mamesh

Really enjoyed the training camp and chance to work one on one with the best players in the county. The A Tour was amazing but this was something else. On a fitness note, i don't think my fitness is as good as it could be. I probably didn't train hard enough in Holland, where there were a lot of other distractions. My fitness is improving, but i don't think its are near what my best could be. A lot of hard work will go into that area from now till to the start of the Test Series in the Windies.

My form has been ok, but i think there are areas of my game that i need to improve. My concentration levels is the main area of concern, i felt i improved in that area during the A Tour, but since the One Dayers there, i seem to have done back to my old habits, of getting out once i've gotten in.

Really looking forward know to the Test tour proper.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Nnanden said:
Haha why was I one of the three people in your post?
Liam?

Nath Patrick

I`m sure many other players got a lot out of this camp, but it didn`t really help me much. To be around senior players and playing alongside some heroes was great, but my fitness is pathetic and my bowling lacked consistency. Obviously I have a lot of things to sort out in those areas.

I didn`t have a lot to do with Pratyush at all, but once again, the other players enjoyed his experience and shared his ideas. The camp was a great idea and certainly united the side.

Tom Halsey

Tom Halsey

Well, I was worried at the beginning about all these loose deliveries I am bowling. I was bowling threateningly enough, but not economically enough. That seemed to have been rectified somewhat until the last game, in which I bowled like an absolute drain. Overall though it was a reasonably good week bowling-wise, and I've bowled okay back at Blue in the warm-ups, shame we haven't done well collectively.

cbuts

its was a good session, not to many runs, but some valuable time in the middle. was pleases to see that the hard work i have put on my fitness has already started to show. hopefully this will rub off into my cricket.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
You were one of the most likely to respond immediately in my mind. You don't seem to have a life outside of CW. :cool:
*Learns lesson. Then vows never to persue anything ever again.*