• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Zimbabwe in CWLand

Travis_Teh

Only showing from CW all series, really. First time CW got out of 1st gear.

Couple people would be concerned with their spots in the team after a poor series.

Tom Halsey

Excellent, a team performance and a personal performance to boot.

Pleased in the end with my series - 2nd best bowler statistically in the series, but only really due to the last game.

Mister Wright

Brilliant stuff from Butler! Wonderful way to finish the series with a comprehensive win. Happy with my own performance for the series and well done to 3veryone who played!

chaminda_00

Team Review – Part One

Looking back at my first series in charge of the national team, many may remember just the 5-0 result against Zimbabwe and feel the series was a success. But what really matters when teams of the quality of Cricket Web play sides like Zimbabwe, is the way in which the result is achieved.

The real question that needs to be asked about the series was whether the players and the team as a whole played to their ability. The frank answer to that is probably no, outside the 1st game and last game, the player never really showed the gulf in class and played to their ability.

This may have been as a result to experimental side on show, due to player boycotts, or the rotation policy during the series. Regardless of this if Cricket Web are going to reach their goal of being the undisputed Number One side in the world, the key is depth in both the starting XI and the fringe players. Looking at this series questions have to be asked about the depth in certain areas.

The shinning light of the series has to be the batting of Dan Towns, who looks to have come of age as International Batsmen, with a return of 246 runs @ 49. But for Towns to command a regular spot in the starting XI, then he needs to work on his strike rate to get in front of the current top six.

Towns’ fellow opening partner for majority of the series AS Das had a very solid start to his international career, but like majority of his domestic career he was consistent without dominating attacks. For Das to maintain his position as one of the next in line, his needs to turn himself from being a consistent domestic batsmen to being a dominant domestic batsmen.

After only a handful of pervious appearance of the national team, Blues all rounder, Sean Fuller got thrown into the deep end, being given the captaincy for 3 out of 5 games. As a captain Fuller did his job exceptional well and the captaincy seem to bring the best out in his batting with a maiden hundred. But his lack of form with the ball only taking 4 wickets @ 41, may see him continually classed as a batting all rounder. With fellow all rounder continually improving their batting and bowling, Fuller may start to fall behind the pack unless he develops into a genuine all rounder.

Alex Campton like his previous keeper batsmen, continues to struggle to get opportunity to showcase his talents as batsmen. But like his predecessors when given an opportunity like in the 4th ODI, batting at 5, he didn’t make the most of it. But some classy late innings batting and some quality keeping should see him maintain his position.

David Kearsley was given another chance at International level, but once again failed to make the most of his opportunity, like he did earlier this season in Test Cricket. Unfortunately his poor run in domestic cricket continued onto the international scene. You don’t get too many chances at International level and one feels this might be David last chance. Lets hope he proves me wrong as he is a very talented batsmen, that could be a great assets to CW’s middle order.

Dinu De Silva once again continued his up and down international career to date. But the young Blues batsmen, has shown enough on previous occasions, to show that he still is the future of the Cricket Web Team, regardless of his return of 97 runs @ 24.

Part Two to include reviews of the bowling attack, Camps, Goff and Butler.

kears_falcon_9

chaminda_00 said:
like he did earlier this season in Test Cricket
Didn't think i did that bad in the last Test series, a Hundred and a 50 or two in crucial games if i remember. But as far as OD ure right, shes all over.

EDIT: Or are you saying that i did make the most of my oppurtunities? Quite confused reading it over and over :D

Congrats Dan on a great series, avgeraging 49 is fantastic.

Loony BoB

Happy with my series for sure, although I would have liked my average to be a little higher given the opposition. More than pleased to set up the side for five consecutive victories, though. Still, I think Butler was the real shining light of the tournament, averaged just a smidgen over 200 more than I did. :p

Dasa

Good review there....can't disagree with any of it, particularly the paragraph related to myself.

FaaipDeOiad

I wasn't too concerned about my bowling actually, more worried about the fact that I only played one decent innings with the bat. Take out the century and I averaged under 20.

Didn't take too many wickets with the ball, but the economy was fine.

The Baconator

chaminda_00 said:
Alex Campton like his previous keeper batsmen, continues to struggle to get opportunity to showcase his talents as batsmen. But like his predecessors when given an opportunity like in the 4th ODI, batting at 5, he didn’t make the most of it. But some classy late innings batting and some quality keeping should see him maintain his position.
If you have to spell my name wrong, use Crompton.

Travis_Teh

FaaipDeOiad said:
I wasn't too concerned about my bowling actually, more worried about the fact that I only played one decent innings with the bat. Take out the century and I averaged under 20.

Didn't take too many wickets with the ball, but the economy was fine.
:o Stop arguing with the coach! har har. :)

dinu23

good review coach. really dissapointed with my performances in this series considering the opposition. I'm going to lift my game or the next series.(hope I get selected)