• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

One overwhelming positive for England ....

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Saw Borthwick two years ago; is there any reason to believe that he's not just another Rashid?
Batting #3 for Durham is certainly not an easy job given how their home deck plays; the fact that he's still managed to average 40+ in that role makes me more optimistic about his batting than Rashid's. I definitely don't think there's much to get excited about with his bowling though.

HeathDavisSpeed

There are no doubts about his legendary status. My favourite shot of his was the exaggerated leave falling away to the leg side which would inevitably leave him on his arse.

Edit: I also love the way he raised the bat to acknowledge the crowd as he walked off. Also note that Fleming's tactics to Ramprakash & Such was very, very similar (and equally flawed) as Cook's to Haddin & Lyon.

Last edited:

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Batting #3 for Durham is certainly not an easy job given how their home deck plays; the fact that he's still managed to average 40+ in that role makes me more optimistic about his batting than Rashid's. I definitely don't think there's much to get excited about with his bowling though.
My Rashid reference was in terms of him ending up being a better batsman than bowler; a bit like a young Steve Smith. So that's probably quite likely then...