• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Out of control

RossTaylorsBox

I mean I guess if I was a fascist in America I'd be extremely concerned about an anti-fascist group rather than literally dozens of right-wing extremist murders.

Zinzan

Is anything out of control besides the spinning of narratives?
The media overreaction & sensationalism has reached new levels, and of course generally points in one direction, and one direction only... towards their political enemies.

With the amount of 'boy who cried wolf' media beat-up stories & conspiracy theories in the last 2 years, it's little wonder the only thing worse than Trump's approval ratings since 2016 has been the poll results on the trust of the media.

Anil

What about actual Nazis who identify as Nazis
you should still sit across from them, have a heart-to-heart, understand their perspective, keep it civil etc etc...besides real nazis became extinct after the 2nd world war, nowadays there are just a few fringe elements (insignificant numbers of course), really fine people whose just happen to idolize hitler and espouse his ideals...they are called nazis only by the mainstream media which of course peddles only fake news...for the most part these people are church-going, god-fearing and family-oriented, good citizens of their country...as i said before, you just need to do your best to understand them...

Last edited:

RossTaylorsBox

you should still sit across from them, have a heart-to-heart, understand their perspective, keep it civil etc etc...besides real nazis became extinct after the 2nd world war, nowadays there are just a few fringe elements (insignificant numbers of course), really fine people whose just happen to idolize hitler and espouse his ideals...they are called nazis only by the mainstream media which of course peddles only fake news...for the most part these people are church-going, god-fearing and family-oriented, good citizens of their country...as i said before, you just need to do your best to understand them...
It's amazing how so many people think that you can't be a Nazi unless you're sieg heiling everywhere, as if the Nazi movement wouldn't be smart enough to change it up to try and make themselves palatable to rubes.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
What about actual Nazis who identify as Nazis
Actual Nazis are filth, the problem is the word gets so liberally applied that it ceases to have meaning. Or you can get creative like RTB with ‘Nazi adjacents’ and give yourself carte blanche.

For what it’s worth I’ve never said anything about having a heart to heart with them, and nor do I think that. I think echo chambers are bad but I don’t need to hear out ideas from lunatics.

RossTaylorsBox

Nah, it's pretty clear what Nazi adjacent is. Like, just don't pal around with Nazis and show up to their rallies, it's not hard.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Fair enough if that’s what you mean, but wouldn’t that just really make them Nazis?

RossTaylorsBox

Sure, but adjacents (or collaborators or whatever you want to call them) won't explicitly identify themselves as such, they'll just happen to support most of their policies.

trundler

If they're selling white genocide rhetoric, even if sugarcoated without explicitly identifying as Nazis it's fair to call them Nazi adjacents if that's what RTB means. Stefan Molyneux is a classic example.

RossTaylorsBox

If they're selling white genocide rhetoric, even if sugarcoated without explicitly identifying as Nazis it's fair to call them Nazi adjacents if that's what RTB means. Stefan Molyneux is a classic example.
I mean yeah, the whole point of the alt-right was to get away with those beliefs without the label. Milo Yabbadabbadoo did this pretty well and was able to suck in a whole lot of people.