• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pakistan Cricket

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Pakistan cricket was going great till mid 2006. Then all hell broke lose and one disaster happened after another. They do have some very good fast bowlers and some more upcoming ones and it has been a bit of a transitional phase post ODI World Cup 2007. There is hope according to me.

haroon510

i just worry that the current political situation of pakistan may influance the team's performance big team.. if it gets bad .. the performance of the team may get worse than the year 2007..

Evermind

The day Pakistan play Gul, Akhtar and Asif in a test will be the day we can say their cricket is on the road to recovery.

Of course, Akhtar shouldn't really be playing for 2 years, so whatever that may mean.

Xuhaib

All we need is to get rid of these retard selectors who keep on picking mediocre tripe like Hameed, Iqbal and Sami.

Pakistan cricket was best in the 80's and 90's because the selectors were bold and they were not afraid to throw raw youngsters in the deep end and if they failed they were quickly replaced by some more raw young players.

haroon510

maybe if people stopped assassinating politicians in pakistan they would get teams touring
say what.. politicians are the reason why the situation is this ugly in pakistan.. if the current president of pakistan left government in good terms and earlier..this chaos could have been avoided. i think that every politician who gets assisnate .. they deserve it.. politician don't do anything but cause trouble..

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
All we need is to get rid of these retard selectors who keep on picking mediocre tripe like Hameed, Iqbal and Sami.

Pakistan cricket was best in the 80's and 90's because the selectors were bold and they were not afraid to throw raw youngsters in the deep end and if they failed they were quickly replaced by some more raw young players.
And the fact that youngsters happened to be the Wasim Akrams, Waqar Younises and Inzamam-ul-Haqs instead of the Hameeds, Iqbals and Mohammad Khalils helped too...

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
And the fact that youngsters happened to be the Wasim Akrams, Waqar Younises and Inzamam-ul-Haqs instead of the Hameeds, Iqbals and Mohammad Khalils helped too...
I urge you to see highlights of some young Pakistani bowlers. Anwar Ali and Jamshed for the win. Haven't seen any one swing as much as Anwar Ali since Malcolm Marshall.

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
That's quite something. The key, though, is that he does that more than just that once. I'm sure he, like many other young Pakistan seam-bowlers, can bowl stunningly of times, but he - like so many others - needs to do it for a career.

I'll be delighted if he does, but there's already Asif and Umar Gul for starters. That's not a bad place to begin.

Mr Mxyzptlk

I urge you to see highlights of some young Pakistani bowlers. Anwar Ali and Jamshed for the win. Haven't seen any one swing as much as Anwar Ali since Malcolm Marshall.
Shame they haven't pushed on with it at all really. Still young, but very unflattering statistics for Anwar Ali thus far, for someone who can swing the ball like that.

Pujara looks a good shot for India in future though.

EDIT: Jamshed's not done too badly actually.

Last edited:

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Shame they haven't pushed on with it at all really. Still young, but very unflattering statistics for Anwar Ali thus far, for someone who can swing the ball like that.

TBH, thought Jamshed actually looked like more of a bowler than Anwar Ali.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket

TBH, thought Jamshed actually looked like more of a bowler than Anwar Ali.
Interesting.

Can you suggest why Jamshed looked more the bowler while Anwar Ali didn't Jack? Jamshed did seem to have an excellent yorker too if I am not mistaken.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Just felt as though Anwar was getting wickets largely due to pure outrageous swing, while Jamshed bowler better areas more consistently and had a few more tricks up his sleeve. Mind you, only played against them twice and watched that game against India, which is a very small sample space in which to make a judgement about a couple of players.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Just felt as though Anwar was getting wickets largely due to pure outrageous swing, while Jamshed bowler better areas more consistently and had a few more tricks up his sleeve. Mind you, only played against them twice and watched that game against India, which is a very small sample space in which to make a judgement about a couple of players.
Right. Thanks.

Mr Mxyzptlk

What's Imad Wasim like?

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
a) That scorecard is wrong, I got off the mark. :@
b) That scorecard is wrong, I was caught and bowled. :@
c) I can't believe he caught it, he dislocated his thumb in doing it. Why couldn't the ball pop out instead of his digit. :@
d) Imad changes his pace really well, but generally bowled pretty flatly. May well be a bit different to how he does it in the longer version. Seemed like a very smart and accomplished bowler. Also bats OK.

Last edited: