• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Paris Charlie Hebdo shooting

dermo

terrible stuff this, doesn't look like the work of one or two backyard terrorists either like the bloke in sydney, not good at all

Top_Cat

There's a really horrifying video of one of these arseholes summarily executing one of the cops on the usual LiveLeak-like places which I will most certainly not be re-posting here. I strongly advise against viewing it.

Last edited:

dermo

There's a really horrifying video of one of these arseholes summarily executing one of the cops on the usual LiveLeak-like places which I will most certainly not be re-posting here. I strongly advise against viewing it.
yeah unfortunately ive seen it, horrific

harsh.ag

White House was asked directly about Charlie Hebdo by name in the briefing on September 19, 2012 ~>

OverratedSanity

Horrific stuff. Had flashbacks of Mumbai when I heard the terrorists were roaming free.

Yeah saw it on tv. No warning of graphic footage, no blurring out, nothing. Brutal to watch.

ankitj

Horrific stuff. Had flashbacks of Mumbai when I heard the terrorists were roaming free.

Yeah saw it on tv. No warning of graphic footage, no blurring out, nothing. Brutal to watch.
It's stupid of them to be showing that on TV. They don't have to flash every video that they lay their hands on.

andmark

RIP to the victims and thoughts with the families.

Other than the inherently vile nature of these attacks, they inevitably increase right wing extremism against Muslims- which may have major ramifications considering the right wing is getting considerably stronger in France, even before this. Several weeks of shouting down Islamophobes to come...

Fusion

Global Moderator
Heartbreaking. I really don't know how evil like this can exist in the hearts of men. RIP to those that lost their lives.

grecian

umm, people in our country massing in sympathy at Trafalgar Square, not sure they thought that through......

fredfertang

**** me this is grim - I remember in the 1970s think that the situation in Northern Ireland was a problem without a solution and again I can't conceive of one here - I was wrong about Ireland of course, but I just can't see good sense prevailing here

the big bambino

RIP to the victims and thoughts with the families.

Other than the inherently vile nature of these attacks, they inevitably increase right wing extremism against Muslims- which may have major ramifications considering the right wing is getting considerably stronger in France, even before this. Several weeks of shouting down Islamophobes to come...
Yet another act of Islamic violence and you are on a vigil for the so called right wing backlash that hasn't ever come even if one from society eventually will.

Can't wait for Waleed comical Aly blaming the tea party.

Last edited:

andmark

My ****ing word. Yet another act of Islamic violence and this halfwit is on a vigil for the so called right wing backlash that hasn't ever come even if one from society eventually will.

Can't wait for Waleed comical Aly blaming the tea party.
But there is probably going to be a right wing backlash which we need to be careful of. Just to reiterate my point, when Lee Rigby was killed, I had to remind people on my Facebook feed that not all Muslims are extremists. I even had to debate that very fact. Not to mention the BNP, EDL etc rallies which occurred at tthat time as well.

Either way, the main concern is with the victims here

Last edited:

watson

Banned
But there is probably going to be a right wing backlash which we need to be careful of. Just to reiterate my point, when Lee Rigby was killed, I had to remind people on my Facebook feed that not all Muslims are extremists. I even had to debate that very fact. Not to mention the BNP, EDL etc rallies which occurred at tthat time as well.

Either way, the main concern is with the victims here
This is how you silence legitimate criticism of the the Islamic religion - you label it all 'right-wing' and use words like 'backlash'.

This is counter-productive because both Muslims and non-Muslims need to find out what is currently wrong with the Islamic religion so we can fix it to the benefit of all. And something IS fundamentally wrong.

Last edited: