• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

QANTAS grounds its entire fleet

Burgey

Maybe. Two days without our biggest domestic and international carrier being in the air is too long. I agree though that it's good that it's over,
There is no way to resolve it any faster than that, once there's either a complete walk out or lock out. It's not really feasibly possible to do so.

stephen

There is no way to resolve it any faster than that, once there's either a complete walk out or lock out. It's not really feasibly possible to do so.
It should never have come to the lockout in the first place. I'm still not too sure who to blame over it - Joyce, the law or the unions. It's probably a combination of all three to some extent.

I get the feeling that the Qantas brand will not be too good for a while.

Redbacks

It should never have come to the lockout in the first place. I'm still not too sure who to blame over it - Joyce, the law or the unions. It's probably a combination of all three to some extent.

I get the feeling that the Qantas brand will not be too good for a while.
The FWA gave the unions protected action, thus the 1-2 hour strikes across the past weeks which disrupted 70,000 passengers and was bleeding future bookings from the company was protected. It was costing the company $15million a week so Joyce said '**** it, we either close down the airline or get the union council to rule on the issue as the company sure as heck ain't going to sit by whilst the employees **** them over' as a result of the 80's union legislation.

Redbacks

Get them out of aviation!
It's not the most stable of industries is it :laugh: I only have a small stake anyway, but I am not willing to take a loss yet.

Their return on capital about 4% a the moment so for all the effort it would be a better investment to lump the $3 bil into a bank account.