• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Qld Residents

bugssy

Guys need some help.

May be transfering up into brisbane somewhere with work and i will be moving the family up into yes qld. Working in or near brisbane what would be some good suburbs to buy/rent .

James90

Depends entirely on what you're prepared to pay, whether you're into suburbia, what sort of things you'd like to live close to (university, CBD, shopping centres). Give me a ball park. Generally I'd recommend somewhere near the river that's on a train line but far enough away from the CBD to be suburban and a bit cheaper.

bugssy

i could be posted at torque toyota in brendale.

so from there travel about an hour. any ideas until we buy can probably spend about 300 - 350. have been looking at real etate.com

Mister Wright

so from there travel about an hour. any ideas until we buy can probably spend about 300 - 350. have been looking at real etate.com

You won't get anything in the inner city and surrounds for that, unless you want a townhouse or unit, and then they'd still be on the lower ends of those markets. However Brendale is about 35-40 odd minutes out of the city, so you might pick up something decent in that area.

bugssy

thanks mate had looked at those suburbs, what about bracken ridge. looks really nice.

Jamee999

Depends entirely on what you're prepared to pay, whether you're into suburbia, what sort of things you'd like to live close to (university, CBD, shopping centres). Give me a ball park. Generally I'd recommend somewhere near the river that's on a train line but far enough away from the CBD to be suburban and a bit cheaper.
Wouldn't living on a train line be really dangerous?

Swervy

Guys need some help.

May be transfering up into brisbane somewhere with work and i will be moving the family up into yes qld. Working in or near brisbane what would be some good suburbs to buy/rent .
go and have a look if the second house up on the left on O'Connell Place off Cochrane Street in Red Hill is up for grabs. It might still have my old dogs footprints in white paint in the garage bit under the house from 26 years ago

bugssy

they also offered me a place called kingaroo oiut in country north west of brisbane, which doesnt bother me, and i will be getting a company car so....

howardj

they also offered me a place called kingaroo oiut in country north west of brisbane, which doesnt bother me, and i will be getting a company car so....
I hear Kingaroy is nice too.

Haydos's old stomping ground.

Plenty of peanuts (not to mention the folks that live there).

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag

Hey do you mean $300-$350 per week, or 300K to 350K for a house? Think you mean per week. Renting isn't that cheap at the moment, couldn't get much for $300 really, if you need 3 or more bedrooms.

i live out in Manly at the moment. I think it's decent enough, perhaps around Carindale is good.. It depends what you're looking for, like close to transport, shops, city. etc.

Kweek

300 dollar per week?

feck...you couldn't get **** in the netherlands for that....! you'd get aprox 15m2...if your lucky...

think he means 300k