• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Rank, the Indian Batsmen

zaremba

Apologies, a cheap gag. Dravid is a thousand kinds in wonderful tbh. Nome of the others has done himself any justice though.

AlwaysProteas

This was a bit shocking when I discovered, but in NZ, SA and Eng, Sehwag averages 24.5 in 19 matches

Last edited:

flibbertyjibber

I said before the tour I wasn't scared of Sehwag over here and was slaughtered for it. He can't handle a moving ball, he'll probably murder us next year in India but over here he is useless.

Jacknife

Interestingly, he averages marginally less at home against England, 26.36, than he does away against England at 27.22
Yes, I think most England fans remember that quick fire 83 he got to virtually win India the game, back in 2008 in Chennai but a apart from that he's done very little against England home or away.

centurymaker

you know why indian batsmen have been rank?
i think it's mainly because they have been facing their RANK bowlers in the nets to prepare for facing the english attack.

you'll invariably regress, if you face crap all the time.
first they face medium pacers in the ipl, and then in the nets.

imo definitely a contributing factor.

Last edited: