• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Season 11 Activity Check

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
ash chaulk said:
halsey free agent now just like gooljar imo
Gooljar: Reactivated himself after contracts had been awarded
Halsey: Had a seasonal contract and just went AWOL for a match.

Situations not comparable (like Borks and Kears).

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Does Halsey get his simming average re-adjusted or something, then? Isn't that what happened to someone last year when they were declared inactive and then came back...

Mister Wright

vic_orthdox said:
Does Halsey get his simming average re-adjusted or something, then? Isn't that what happened to someone last year when they were declared inactive and then came back...
I don't know if his simming averages would have to change that much, given he has officially 'missed one match'. But not sure on the correct answer.

FaaipDeOiad

vic_orthdox said:
Fair call. :) Although I don't think Cribb was inactive for eons either...
IIRC, didn't Liam say that Cribb would suffer no penalty due to his inactivity, because it was so brief? :p

I could be thinking of the wrong player though. I'm sure Liam or Hakon will clear it up anyway.

Loony BoB

We should probably set up some kind of official ruling.

Either... a person who is declared inactive gets penalised upon their return regardless of how long they have been inactive.
Or... a person who is declared inactive gets a fixed penalty upon their return if they return at any point after missing [number] games.
Or... a person who is declared inactive gets a penalty that reflects how long they have been inactive, eg. miss 1 game, no penalty, miss 5 games, soft penalty, miss 10 games, medium penalty, miss a season, heavy penalty.

I'd rather one of the last two.

~Daniel

ash chaulk

to be fair on other players that are active and cant make their development league teams towns's rules are good

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Loony BoB said:
Or... a person who is declared inactive gets a penalty that reflects how long they have been inactive, eg. miss 1 game, no penalty, miss 5 games, soft penalty, miss 10 games, medium penalty, miss a season, heavy penalty.
This is what happens now. The limits of "soft", "medium" and "hard" are set by judgment tho, no hard and fast rules yet.

Loony BoB

new_age_ar said:
Just let him play and leave his stats alone, god the guy missed the deadline by one day.
It's not about missing the deadline, it's about the fact that they hadn't been posting for a fair amount of time before the deadline was given! Activity shouldn't need to be given only when activity is being checked. I've got nothing against Halsey or any of those other players, I just think that we should encourage activity throughout the season rather than just to say "Hi bye" :p As Chaulk pointed out, it's these players that can hold more active people out of the first XI... which is why I still think we should have people post once a day in some kind of 'training thread' which will boost their stats by very small amounts, as that way hopefully in time they will be better than those who post four times a season. Activity = Personal Development would be a wonderful thing.

Loony BoB

No, this would be what I call post boosting. Posts that have no purpose whatsoever. Training thread posts would have a purpose.

A training thread would be productive and all the person would need to say is 'Bat' 'Bowl' or 'Field' etc. and then, say each quarter, their simming stats could be updated to reflect the activity they had shown in that quarter. This would mean that the people who are more active would be able to improve their chances of making the first side ahead of inactive players, which is something we should be rewarding but don't. I remember the days where some of the best players in the Dev League posted only once or twice... luckily, for the most part, those days are gone... but there are still some people who deserve to be better for all their efforts.

Also, since it would only be one post per day in there, it would hardly be post boosting in comparison to the 2-3 posts some people could easiliy make each day in other CW Dev League threads!

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Loony BoB said:
A training thread would be productive and all the person would need to say is 'Bat' 'Bowl' or 'Field' etc.
Ouch. Don't like that. Still sounds too much another game-esque to me, and besides, people who go away for a week is disadvantaged.

If we are to have an activity bonus, better to have some kind of activity panel judged on by captains and the CWBCC - there are some decent numerical measures we can use as a starting point, and work from there.

Loony BoB

So long as something is done to encourage consistent activity - I'd be happy. And as far as I'm concerned if you're away then that's your own tough luck. :p People will start faking holidays!