• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Season 7/8 Club Cricket

Mr Mxyzptlk

A brief sim every other day or so. The sim takes no time at all. The time is spent in typing up the score report, but I say that as someone who had to do that for 36 players last season.

Short answer: not much time at all.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Robertinho said:
I would like to declare my interest in representing the mighty Queensland Bulls over the club cricket period. However, if not possible, any Australian side would be just as good :D
Looking at the number and experience of the players invited last year, I very much doubt we'll see any rookies in Australia or England.

Simon

WCC Staff
marc71178 said:
Looking at the number and experience of the players invited last year, I very much doubt we'll see any rookies in Australia or England.
the way it should be too...

Simon

WCC Staff
Don said:
umm wat are the 4 normal countries where the club cricket is held.
T&T and USA is where most players go, a small number of CWxi players get to play first class games in England and Australia...

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
I hope i can go to either Australia or England this time. Otherwise I'm going back to T&T or Holland if that's available.

chaminda_00

Hey Laim if i get stats for an Asian League then is their any chance of it replacing either T&T or USA, just having a quick look at potential sqauds this league could be as strong as Australia or England. I don't really want to do the research if it can't be added to club cricket.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
My personal view is keep it as it was last season - worked quite well with the players and clubs, and it means the work is already done!

Kweek

Mr Mxyzptlk said:
The maximum number of countries I'm willing to have for club cricket is 4. If Holland comes into the picture, either T&T or USA would miss out. However, if someone else wants to help sim (a veteran member), I'd consider an actual expansion.
ill be working on holland just mail me what i need to get :) tazman89@gmail.com

Robertinho

Nnanden said:
woooooooooooooord.
Ah well, you Anti-Rookiers....

(Technically I have completed a full year/season of Dev League cricket - so I'm not THAT much of a rookie. But, next season.. you watch out! :D )

Loony BoB

marc71178 said:
My personal view is keep it as it was last season - worked quite well with the players and clubs, and it means the work is already done!
Also means we can stick with our existing teams, something I would like to do, it was great opening with Ferd last season, and I suppose suffering through Mr. Patrick's doings will be alright too. ;)

PY

Neil Pickup said:
Liam, how much work time-wise involved with club cricket simming - I may be able to manage one country's worth.
You're having a laugh, you've got so much time to spare you could do all four countries and write in depth match reports for each. :p

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
A brief sim every other day or so. The sim takes no time at all. The time is spent in typing up the score report, but I say that as someone who had to do that for 36 players last season.

Short answer: not much time at all.
Right, count me in then (obviously for one(+) I'm not playing in)