• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Season 7/8 Club Cricket

Jamee999

EAST COAST LEAGUE

No limit on amounts of players.

Teams: Brooklyn, Manhatten, New York City, The Bronx, Long Island, New Jersey, D.C, Boston, Miami, Florida State, Tampa Bay, Philadelphia, Orlando, Jacksonville, United Carolina, Georgia.

7 OD matches and 5 4D Matches make up your stay.

6 teams from New York and 5 from Florida provides plenty of rivallry and keeps the travelling to a minimum.

GAELIC SHIELD

1 International per. team, No limit on Dev League players.

Teams: Glasgow, Edinburgh, Aberdeen, Cardiff, Abersytwyth(sp.), Swansea, Dublin, Cork, Belfast.

6 4D matches followed by 3 OD Matches are part of your British journey.

3 teams from each country(Scotland,Wales and Ireland) give a nice mix and the culture of the Gaelic lands provide a much enjoyable season.

CAPE PROVINCE STATE GRADE A TROPHY

3 players per. team.

Teams: Cape Town Colts, Kaapstad, Namibia, Port Elizabeth, East London.
5 3D games followed by 2 OD games and then the best 2 3D teams go into a 4D final.

The journey into South Africa's premier Grade trophy gives you the chance to lift the trophy. 2 teams from Cape Town, the Colts and Kaapstad.

Please use my suggestions.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Jamee999 said:
EAST COAST LEAGUE

No limit on amounts of players.

Teams: Brooklyn, Manhatten, New York City, The Bronx, Long Island, New Jersey, D.C, Boston, Miami, Florida State, Tampa Bay, Philadelphia, Orlando, Jacksonville, United Carolina, Georgia.

7 OD matches and 5 4D Matches make up your stay.

6 teams from New York and 5 from Florida provides plenty of rivallry and keeps the travelling to a minimum.

GAELIC SHIELD

1 International per. team, No limit on Dev League players.

Teams: Glasgow, Edinburgh, Aberdeen, Cardiff, Abersytwyth(sp.), Swansea, Dublin, Cork, Belfast.

6 4D matches followed by 3 OD Matches are part of your British journey.

3 teams from each country(Scotland,Wales and Ireland) give a nice mix and the culture of the Gaelic lands provide a much enjoyable season.

CAPE PROVINCE STATE GRADE A TROPHY

3 players per. team.

Teams: Cape Town Colts, Kaapstad, Namibia, Port Elizabeth, East London.
5 3D games followed by 2 OD games and then the best 2 3D teams go into a 4D final.

The journey into South Africa's premier Grade trophy gives you the chance to lift the trophy. 2 teams from Cape Town, the Colts and Kaapstad.

Please use my suggestions.
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Ship me the stats
I think that's all this is about, Jamee...get on to collecting stats :p

chaminda_00

ACC Championship

Teams:
- India: Southern Stormers, Northern Knights, Western Hawks, Eastern Eagles
- Pakistan: Lahore Lions, Karachi Dolphins, Rawalpindi Panthers, Faisalabad Bears
- Sri Lanka: Southern Saints, North-Central Tornados, Central Crusaders, Western Tigers

11 FC and 11 List A games

I can collect the stats if ur interested Liam.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
FaaipDeOiad said:
Gaelic cricket sounds interesting, should I miss out on a first class place in Australia or England.
Last year there were only a few people who got them.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Just a question, but do all you people suggesting these new and varied leagues actually know how much work it'd be for Liam?

Mr Mxyzptlk

The maximum number of countries I'm willing to have for club cricket is 4. If Holland comes into the picture, either T&T or USA would miss out. However, if someone else wants to help sim (a veteran member), I'd consider an actual expansion.

Robertinho

I would like to declare my interest in representing the mighty Queensland Bulls over the club cricket period. However, if not possible, any Australian side would be just as good :D

Mister Wright

Robertinho said:
I would like to declare my interest in representing the mighty Queensland Bulls over the club cricket period. However, if not possible, any Australian side would be just as good :D
I'm sure the players who played in last season's Australian domestic competition will be given the first opportunity to play.

Last edited:

Mr Mxyzptlk

It's very likely that I shall be getting assitance with the club cricket this offseason, so we may well see a couple more clubs added to pool. I need others to do the stats researching though as, left up to me, I'd settle for the regular four locations. Indicate if you are willing to research clubs and let me know which clubs.

age_master

Mister Wright said:
I'm sure the players who played in last season's Australian domestic competition will be given the first opportunity to play.

assuming the clubs were happy with their players performance ;)

Simon

WCC Staff
Mister Wright said:
perhaps, but given my performances in the dev league, id be disapointed if i wasnt wanted for an Aussie side during this off season after missing out last year...

Mr Mxyzptlk

broncoman said:
perhaps, but given my performances in the dev league, id be disapointed if i wasnt wanted for an Aussie side during this off season after missing out last year...
Subtle hint ey? I'll have a talk with some of my contacts. I know some people who think they're people.

Robertinho

Yes, if I'm not given a spot then fine, but I would like to visit my home country and enjoy the presence of some of the fine cricketing talent over there.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Will Essex have me back? Or failing that, somewhere civilised?

Someone sedate Jamee, please?

Liam, how much work time-wise involved with club cricket simming - I may be able to manage one country's worth.