• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

So I have made a CD

Steulen

And you can hear it in full at http://pandemonicorchestra,nl or three songs at http://myspace.com/pandemonicorchestra.

If you're into rock and metal music, I'd be interested to hear what you think.

All the work (playing, recording, producing) was done by me and I am acually quite proud of it, The end result is so much better than I thought it would be when I started messing around in my attic.

Note to the mods: this is of course a shameless plug for my website but the music is available for free and all so...whatever

Last edited:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Fair play. :)

The first link doesn't quite work as is, btw. Should be a "." rather than a "," in front of nl.

Just listened to Winter of Life, nice crunching wash of guitar at the beginning and the riff gets into a fair groove, almost hypnotic in a kinda industrial styley. If I were to make a teeny criticism I found the high-hats were rather prominent in the mix for my taste & distracted a tad from the guitar, which is where the gold is for me. Good stuff tho, especially for an entirely solo enterprise.

Steulen

Fair play. :)

The first link doesn't quite work as is, btw. Should be a "." rather than a "," in front of nl.

Just listened to Winter of Life, nice crunching wash of guitar at the beginning and the riff gets into a fair groove, almost hypnotic in a kinda industrial styley. If I were to make a teeny criticism I found the high-hats were rather prominent in the mix for my taste & distracted a tad from the guitar, which is where the gold is for me. Good stuff tho, especially for an entirely solo enterprise.
Fixed the link.

I know the hi-hat is prominent, yes. I actually made another version where it was less prominent, but in the end preferred this one.

Thanks for paying attention.

Kweek

as a shameless wannabe music manager
for a solo project it's not bad at all!
also very impressed by the recording quality, this was done at home right? kuddo's must have some good recording stuff laying around!

did you do the drums yourself or a drum machine? i'm leaning towards a drum machine ?

listen to two bands i'm managing one is very talented and one has a crap singer but musically v. good

www.myspace.com/noblessemusic
www.myspace.com/reflectedtheband

let me know what you think of them?

Jamee999

Is posting on a public forum about a band you manage having a "crap singer" really a good idea?

Kweek

he is crap and he knows it.

it's not like he gets me rich

but back to st00ls music, quite like it, a bit to dark for me, but like the guitar in most songs and the poemy stories has a certain chilly ghostly feeling

Steulen

as a shameless wannabe music manager
for a solo project it's not bad at all!
also very impressed by the recording quality, this was done at home right? kuddo's must have some good recording stuff laying around!

did you do the drums yourself or a drum machine? i'm leaning towards a drum machine ?

listen to two bands i'm managing one is very talented and one has a crap singer but musically v. good

www.myspace.com/noblessemusic
www.myspace.com/reflectedtheband

let me know what you think of them?
Reflected has the crap singer, right? I actually like his voice, although he's not too good at holding notes.Neither am I, but that's why I either shout or don't hold on to the same note for too long. Musically it reminds me of all those 1980's new wave/rock bands like The Sound, The Alarm, Big Country...good stuff! Nice bass line in Just Get Over It, btw.

Noblesse is a tad too generic for me, I hear some guys making music but not expressing their emotions.

As for my own "brilliance": I indeed made all of it at home, using fairly basic equipment (two guitars and a bass, one mic, one keyboard). A lot of the sound pimping was done with the Ableton Live music production software, that's why it sounds passable. And all drums were indeed programmed. I would love to have a fully functioning drumkit with recording mics in my attic but unfortunately that got vetoed...don't know why really.

Kweek

aah the wonderous world of music everyone has a diffrent taste haha :)
bass player is very talented in that band, we've tried to let him join a 2nd band but he unfortunately(for us, bless him) is pretty smart aswell so uni research was more important.
I guess the singer has something to him, he has done some singing lesson lately and that helped.

Noblesse is a funny little band and they are wonderful people...expressionless music I guess somewhere I know what you mean haha, but as a manager you want them to get gigs and maybe a record deal/success, and I can see that happening with them not with reflected as it is now..

as for your own brilliance it sounds good really, would be very interesting if (sorry no offence) guitar would be more smooth, as I feel there are sometimes to long pauses because you are thinking hmmm which chord next haha :happy:
or maybe that is just the ellegance of it, don't know

Steulen

Shameless dig of my own thread...

...just to inform y'all that I made it unto national radio! Yay me!

Actually, my wife's best friend writes novels, releases her new one today and got asked to come onto a sunday afternoon talkshow on KinkFM, a nationwide radio station labelling itself as "The Alternative". She called me in the morning to ask if I'd be OK with her taking my CD to the station and requesting they give it a spin. I said yep, she took the thing with her, the host read the bio, listened to a song and said yep...and then somewhere inbetween the chit-chat they actually played a song, chit-chatted some more about this guy making music in his suburban attic (me)...and now i'm smiling :).

BoyBrumby

Englishman
'Snot what you know that matters, clearly... :p

Fair play tho. :) This lifts you to somewhere between Shocking Blue & 2 Unlimited in the Dutch musical hall of fame, presumably? :ph34r:

Steulen

'Snot what you know that matters, clearly... :p

Fair play tho. :) This lifts you to somewhere between Shocking Blue & 2 Unlimited in the Dutch musical hall of fame, presumably? :ph34r:
Way above. To quote a certain celebrity: it's possible I'm a little too awesome.

Kweek

but that was just because of the tasty videoclip! (you could almost see her boob!

don't forget most of Robbie Williams stuff like Rock DJ