• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Tendulkar Autobiography Thread

Daemon

Lol, wtf man! That's a cheap attack even by your standards. Going by your logic, the corrupt ministers in Delhi and the underworld dons in Mumbai loved India more than Mahatma Gandhi, Amartya Sen or for that matter even AR Rahman.
No, just because they stay in the country doesn't mean they love it.

You have been on record proclaiming your love for India at every opportunity you get, so for you to desert India when they need you to help them is very poor form.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Deserted Cricsim as well. Obvs doesn't have the bottle to stick things out when the going gets tough.

Arachnodouche

Stop riding the midget's cock. If he can go on about how much Chappell's presence affected the dressing room, he sure can comment on how *allegations* of his captain and mentor selling his beloved India cap down the river messed with his head and his game. He was the captain of an under performing team when the **** hit the fan ffs.

Jowl-ridden Boria Majumdar reminds me of the sagging mango from the Mango Mood commercials.

1051773.jpghqdefault.jpg

weldone

No, just because they stay in the country doesn't mean they love it.

You have been on record proclaiming your love for India at every opportunity you get, so for you to desert India when they need you to help them is very poor form.
That's such a poor reply that I'm not continuing this bogus argument with you.

weldone

Daemon, Can you please stop personally attacking me like this? I'm here to enjoy some cricket discussion, not to be personally attacked by an idiot who doesn't know **** about anything. If you want to counter my points on cricket you can, but please drop this personal attack angle. I don't remember doing the same to you before, but if I carelessly did that then sorry for that. This is not a forum for personal attacks. Go, ask these silly questions to your facebook friends. If you think I don't love India, that doesn't matter to me because I know you have no idea what love is all about. Grow up, and move on.

Last edited:

Daemon

I'm sorry weldone. Please go ahead and tell us more about what it's like to see the sun for 5 hours a day.

zorax

likes this
Now all this thread needs is WW going on about how Lara's autobiography will be a billion times better than Sachin's, and how a BCCI imposed ban on it will cause the millions of kids in India to suffer.

weldone

@Daemon: Why did you get disturbed as soon as I uttered the word 'London'? I have uttered the word 'Mumbai' in CW about 50 times, and the word 'Kolkata' about 100 times. I didn't see you complaining then. At that point, why didn't you think that I don't miss an opportunity to mention my city of work and city of childhood respectively? Why is it one mention of the word 'London' that caused you go mad suddenly?

Daemon

@Daemon: Why did you get disturbed as soon as I uttered the word 'London'? I have uttered the word 'Mumbai' in CW about 50 times, and the word 'Kolkata' about 100 times. I didn't see you complaining then. At that point, why didn't you think that I don't miss an opportunity to mention my city of work and city of childhood respectively? Why is it one mention of the word 'London' that caused you go mad suddenly?
To quote karan316, it made me realise that you were merely a 'so called Indian'

OverratedSanity

Guys, just piss of from this thread and watch Star sports. They're showing Sachin's 98 vs Pakistan. Don't care if it's an ODI. Best innings ever.

harsh.ag

Awesome article in The Telegraph

Playing It My Way: 18 things we learnt from Sachin Tendulkar's autobiographical book - Telegraph

Excerpts:

3. Yorkshire CCC's bonding sessions were "eccentric and hilarious"
During his summer at Headingley in 1992 Sachin loved Yorkshire’s team bonding sessions known as the Sunday Club. He describes one in which it was agreed everyone would wear “towels and a tie without a shirt” and meet in the hotel lobby. He thought it was a wind up. “I kept a close eye on the lobby and only when I saw a number of my team-mates sporting a towel and tie did I do the same.” He writes it turned out to be an “eccentric and hilarious” evening. Indeed.

4. Sachin loves Nasser Hussain
The book touches upon almost every match Sachin played at international level but is surprisingly thin on detail of contests against England. However, one section will be cut out and pinned on the wall of the Hussain household. “Among the captains I played against, I consider Nasser Hussain the best. He was an excellent strategist and, even if some of his tactics occasionally bordered on the negative, he was a very good thinker on the game and was proactive.”

7. Indian players had a gun pulled on them in a London tube train
Not an incident involving Sachin directly but he reveals in his book how Navjot Singh Sidhu and Sourav Ganguly got in to a confrontation on a tube train in London (hard to believe it could happen to such mild-mannered men …) which ended with a gun being pulled on them. “Sourav’s first reaction was to drop to the ground and cover his face in fright, but then he started pleading with the boy and dragged Navjot away as quickly as he could.”

11. Sachin loves his food ... and ran riot in Pizza Hut
On just the third page of the book Sachin describes his mother as the “best cook in the world for me” who would make him “delicious fish and prawn curry, baigan bharta and varan bhaat (lentils and rice)”. He says he owes his “appetite and love of food” to her. He reveals how he dined in KFC and fish and chips while playing for Yorkshire and became an expert in how to maximise the salad bar in Pizza Hut. He writes he learned how to use “lettuce leaves to construct a wall, so that the size of the bowl, which was normally just two to three inches tall, increased to five or six inches. We could then fill it with as much salad as we wanted.”

12. He even won an award for his eating
At the famous Harry Ramsden’s café in Guisely, West Yorkshire, Sachin conquered the Harry’s Challenge as easily as making a hundred on a flat deck in Ahmedabad. It entailed eating a “giant portion” of fish, chips, bread and butter with two side dishes. He polished off the fish “fairly comfortably” plus the salad and side dishes. But being a true pro Sachin left the chips. “I thought they might be too fattening”. He was given his certificate anyway as the chef was “impressed with my performance”.