• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Australian politics thread

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
haha yeah that's why I described him and Rita as 'mediocre'. Don't get how Rita has suddenly made it onto TV. Gets invites on Sunrise and Sky. What are her friggin credentials? brutal.

Last edited:

Spikey

Probably the perfect result for Shorten. Abbott holds, but not well.
Much like an injured Steve Finn, Turnbull's time away from the leadership has seen his rep skyrocket. Wouldn't labor probably want Turnbull in asap so the bubble might pop? A switch to Turnbull 6 months from the election might be the worst thing for labor

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Much like an injured Steve Finn, Turnbull's time away from the leadership has seen his rep skyrocket. Wouldn't labor probably want Turnbull in asap so the bubble might pop? A switch to Turnbull 6 months from the election might be the worst thing for labor
I doubt it'll get to 6 months from the election.

Another 2-3 months of this is good for Shorten. Election a while away yet.

howardj

Captain's Call

May this be entered into political literary folklore along with Rat****ers (Rudd describing the Chinese at Copenhagen) and Spanky Banky (Rudd again),

will think of more later

social

I doubt it'll get to 6 months from the election.

Another 2-3 months of this is good for Shorten. Election a while away yet.
Shorten should go on holidays for 6 months and let the Libs finish themselves off as biggest risk to ALP are themselves

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Opposition leader Bill Shorten has a question for Communications Minister Malcolm Turnbull: "Why are you still on the front bench?"

Shots fired.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
haha yeah that's why I described him and Rita as 'mediocre'. Don't get how Rita has suddenly made it onto TV. Gets invites on Sunrise and Sky. What are her friggin credentials? brutal.
If it gets more angry tweets out of Rohan Connolly, I'm happy.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
"A nation of lifters led by a government of leaners."

Bill Shorten accidentally said something insightful. It doesn't just apply to the current government though; it's institutional.

Top_Cat

Yeah, that was a particularly cynical move by Shorten, tbh. One of the worst I've seen. Blue-collar area full of vets and sons of vets afraid for their jerbs, better invoke the yellow peril.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
It was his equivalent to Gillard taking the leadership and then telling people, whilst on a border security ship, tthey should be able to openly raise concerns about brownies.

What a bunch of ****s they all are.